ASIA/VIETNAM - A nun and a lay healed through the intercession of Cardinal Van Thuan
Hue (Agenzia Fides) - The Vietnamese Church is working to gather evidence relevant to the cause of beatification of Vietnamese Cardinal Francis Xavier Van Thuan, promoted by the Pontifical Council "Justice and Peace", of which Van Thuan was President. As reported to Fides from local sources in the diocese of Hue (Central Vietnam), among the testimonies gathered by the Church of Hue, there are two women (a nun and a lay person) who claim to have been healed through the intercession of the Cardinal.
Fides is able to anticipate briefly the two stories. Sister Marie Thi Lan, of the Congregation of the Daughters of Mary Immaculate, said that in 2009 she had to undergo a delicate eye surgery. The doctors never gave her assurances that her sight problems would have been resolved and feared the danger of blindness". I prayed to the Cardinal and my eyes healed without surgery," says the nun.
Also in the diocese of Hue, a woman of the parish of Thach Han, Mrs. Mary Le Thi Than, aged 70, was bed-ridden for over 40 years because of a severe form of neuralgia. She relied on prayer and intercession of Cardinal Van Thuan and has recently healed, resuming a normal life and daily activities, which for decades was unable to do.
Hue is the place where Cardinal Van Thuan was born, grew up and was ordained a priest. He was also Rector of the Seminary of Hoan Thien and Vicar General of the diocese.
Among the witnesses who want to talk about the work and the Cardinal’s virtues, as part of the diocesan phase of the process, assigned to the Vicariate of Rome, there are also the Archbishop of Hue, Archbishop Stephen Nguyen Nhu, a professor who taught at the Seminary with the Cardinal, five priests who are his spiritual children, a priest who was the Cardinal’s childhood friend, two nuns, three lay members of the "Congregation of Hope" founded by the Cardinal. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 21/3/2012)
- 2013-04-24 ASIA/VIETNAM - New project for 2000 children at the National Hospital for Pediatrics in Hanoi
- 2013-04-11 ASIA/VIET NAM - Christian leader who died in prison: a victim of beatings, the faithful do not believe in suicide
- 2013-01-29 ASIA/VIETNAM - Prayer and medical assistance for pilgrims visiting the relic of St. Camillus
- 2012-11-22 ASIA/VIETNAM - In the Year of Faith, mission among the last: a new hospital for lepers
- 2012-10-26 ASIA/VIETNAM - Mission and dialogue in the Year of Faith
- 2012-10-05 ASIA/VIETNAM - Lack of funds increases fears of a further spread of malaria
- 2012-07-09 ASIA/VIETNAM - Appeal of the Catholic media: "Stop the violence of the Government on the Catholics of Vinh"
- 2012-05-28 ASIA/VIETNAM - Jesuit vocations flourish
- 2012-05-24 VIETNAM - 4 Catholic students in prison "subversives": they were promoting religious freedom and protection of life
- 2012-05-24 ASIA/VIETNAM-A Jesuit: "Education and the fight against corruption, priorities for the country"