AMERICA/PERU - A documentary traces the 100 years of the Claretian Missionaries in Peru
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Peruvian Catholic television network JN 19, will present tomorrow to the media operators and representatives of the community, a documentary on 100 years of the presence in the country of the Children of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, better known as the Claretian Missionaries. The production is based on the historical research conducted by the priest Amador Martin del Molino, a Claretian missionary, following the book "Claretian Missionaries in Peru: a hundred years in the service of the Church", published on the occasion of the centenary of the Claretians in the Latin American country. The documentary, produced by JN19, describes the principal moments of the arrival, the accommodation and the work of evangelization carried out by members of this congregation in the various communities in Lima, Huancayo, Trujillo, Arequipa and Atalaya. Places where not only many indigenous communities were evangelized, but where the missionaries also contributed significantly to the development of these areas. According to the note sent to Fides, the documentary will be presented during a press conference tomorrow, March 21, at 11 o’clock, at the local television station in Lima, in the area of San Miguel. The presentation will be by the same author of the movie, Fr. Amador Martin del Molino. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/3/2012)
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps