AMERICA/PERU - A documentary traces the 100 years of the Claretian Missionaries in Peru
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Peruvian Catholic television network JN 19, will present tomorrow to the media operators and representatives of the community, a documentary on 100 years of the presence in the country of the Children of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, better known as the Claretian Missionaries. The production is based on the historical research conducted by the priest Amador Martin del Molino, a Claretian missionary, following the book "Claretian Missionaries in Peru: a hundred years in the service of the Church", published on the occasion of the centenary of the Claretians in the Latin American country. The documentary, produced by JN19, describes the principal moments of the arrival, the accommodation and the work of evangelization carried out by members of this congregation in the various communities in Lima, Huancayo, Trujillo, Arequipa and Atalaya. Places where not only many indigenous communities were evangelized, but where the missionaries also contributed significantly to the development of these areas. According to the note sent to Fides, the documentary will be presented during a press conference tomorrow, March 21, at 11 o’clock, at the local television station in Lima, in the area of San Miguel. The presentation will be by the same author of the movie, Fr. Amador Martin del Molino. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/3/2012)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking