AMERICA/PERU - A documentary traces the 100 years of the Claretian Missionaries in Peru
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Peruvian Catholic television network JN 19, will present tomorrow to the media operators and representatives of the community, a documentary on 100 years of the presence in the country of the Children of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, better known as the Claretian Missionaries. The production is based on the historical research conducted by the priest Amador Martin del Molino, a Claretian missionary, following the book "Claretian Missionaries in Peru: a hundred years in the service of the Church", published on the occasion of the centenary of the Claretians in the Latin American country. The documentary, produced by JN19, describes the principal moments of the arrival, the accommodation and the work of evangelization carried out by members of this congregation in the various communities in Lima, Huancayo, Trujillo, Arequipa and Atalaya. Places where not only many indigenous communities were evangelized, but where the missionaries also contributed significantly to the development of these areas. According to the note sent to Fides, the documentary will be presented during a press conference tomorrow, March 21, at 11 o’clock, at the local television station in Lima, in the area of San Miguel. The presentation will be by the same author of the movie, Fr. Amador Martin del Molino. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/3/2012)
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures