AMERICA/PERU - A documentary traces the 100 years of the Claretian Missionaries in Peru
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The Peruvian Catholic television network JN 19, will present tomorrow to the media operators and representatives of the community, a documentary on 100 years of the presence in the country of the Children of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, better known as the Claretian Missionaries. The production is based on the historical research conducted by the priest Amador Martin del Molino, a Claretian missionary, following the book "Claretian Missionaries in Peru: a hundred years in the service of the Church", published on the occasion of the centenary of the Claretians in the Latin American country. The documentary, produced by JN19, describes the principal moments of the arrival, the accommodation and the work of evangelization carried out by members of this congregation in the various communities in Lima, Huancayo, Trujillo, Arequipa and Atalaya. Places where not only many indigenous communities were evangelized, but where the missionaries also contributed significantly to the development of these areas. According to the note sent to Fides, the documentary will be presented during a press conference tomorrow, March 21, at 11 o’clock, at the local television station in Lima, in the area of San Miguel. The presentation will be by the same author of the movie, Fr. Amador Martin del Molino. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/3/2012)
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth