AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Redemptorists of Bahia promote the missionary formation of religious and laity
Bahia (Agenzia Fides) - The Redemptorist Missionary Center of Bahia proposes Formation Mission Courses in response to the appeal of Aparecida (no. 174), and to provide service to communities, parishes and dioceses in the Northeast Region 3 of the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB), which includes the Dioceses of the State of Bahia and Sergipe. According to information sent to Fides, it is about Missionary formation Courses (held in different ways) and biblical Courses, for religious and laity. Among the concrete results of these courses, managed by the Mission Center in the past few years, the emergence of Groups of lay evangelists and Missionary Commissions in different parishes can be highlighted.
The methodology of the courses intend to offer participants a biblical and theological basis, aiming to integrate theory and practice. The meetings are held in the structure of the Redemptorist Mission Center, in Salvador-Bahia, and some will also take place in the parishes of the capital. Regarding the participants, the courses are designed for people working in communities and parishes (priests, religious, deacons, seminarians), to all those who wish to learn and develop the contents related to the missionary and evangelical theme, and to be committed to the mission. The lecturers of the Courses are all Redemptorist Missionaries, of the Vice Province of Bahia, specialized in different areas of theology. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/3/2012)
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016
- 2014-06-24 - "Mission to relieve" the missionary campaign against human trafficking in persons
- 2014-06-23 - The tragedy of child prostitution behind the glitz of the World Cup
- 2014-06-17 - Social inclusion and missionary work, the commitment of the Church in Brazil for Haiti continues
- 2014-06-12 - The World Cup begins with a "Red Card to Child Labour"
- 2014-06-11 - "The only goal that matters is the demarcation of our lands", say the indigenous