AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Redemptorists of Bahia promote the missionary formation of religious and laity
Bahia (Agenzia Fides) - The Redemptorist Missionary Center of Bahia proposes Formation Mission Courses in response to the appeal of Aparecida (no. 174), and to provide service to communities, parishes and dioceses in the Northeast Region 3 of the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB), which includes the Dioceses of the State of Bahia and Sergipe. According to information sent to Fides, it is about Missionary formation Courses (held in different ways) and biblical Courses, for religious and laity. Among the concrete results of these courses, managed by the Mission Center in the past few years, the emergence of Groups of lay evangelists and Missionary Commissions in different parishes can be highlighted.
The methodology of the courses intend to offer participants a biblical and theological basis, aiming to integrate theory and practice. The meetings are held in the structure of the Redemptorist Mission Center, in Salvador-Bahia, and some will also take place in the parishes of the capital. Regarding the participants, the courses are designed for people working in communities and parishes (priests, religious, deacons, seminarians), to all those who wish to learn and develop the contents related to the missionary and evangelical theme, and to be committed to the mission. The lecturers of the Courses are all Redemptorist Missionaries, of the Vice Province of Bahia, specialized in different areas of theology. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/3/2012)
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"