AMERICA/MEXICO - Street children and migrants forced to prostitution in exchange for food and money
Tapachula (Agenzia Fides) - The phenomenon of child prostitution continues to be a very sad plague among the people of Tapachula. An average of 80 children roam the streets, using drugs like marijuana and solvents. Each day the number increases, they have no family or a point of reference. Some find refuge in the reception centre the Ejercito de Salvacion, an NGO founded by volunteer believers of different Protestant denominations, where among the services offered, literacy classes, and food aid are offered. These children are often found on the streets at dawn by the volunteers that invite them to go to the reception center. From the evidence gathered by the responsible of the house, is that children go out to dinner with adults and are sexually exploited in exchange for clothes, money, food, mobile phones or other minor objects. Currently between 10 and 25 children are supported permanently, to whom are given education, food and medical care. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/3/2012)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"