AMERICA/MEXICO - At the Guadalajara Film Festival a documentary about the harsh reality of a "journey of hope" of Central American migrants
Guadalajara (Agenzia Fides) - Illegal immigrants in the United States in a few years will found the political and social system of that country: this was said by the Mexican priest Alejandro Solalinde who presented in Guadalajara a documentary on the shelter for migrants which the southern state of Oaxaca is responsible for. "They are becoming a hidden revolution, silent, which will found the United States and make them become a true democracy," Fr. Solalinde told a news agency.
Father Alejandro Solalinde, well known for his work in favor of migrants (see Fides 10/02/2011 and 25/02/2011), participates in the Guadalajara International Film Festival (FICG), where he presented a documentary with regards to his reception center for Central American migrants in Oaxaca, southern Mexico. The priest said that the influx is growing day by day due to poor economic conditions of countries in Central America, and this "demonstrates the failure" of the system and government institutions in Mexico and the United States.
The note sent to Fides shows the contents of the film presented in Guadalajara. The documentary "El albergue" (2012) shows the center founded by Father Solalinde, who provides food, shelter and counseling to men and women who leave their countries and cross Mexico to reach the "American dream" in the U.S.A. The film brings to light the abuses committed by organized crime and kidnappings, in complicity with the Mexican authorities, against those who try to reach the U.S. and stop for a few days at the reception center, in Ciudad Ixtepec, state of Oaxaca, a geographical "strategic" point to smuggle weapons, drugs and people, said Father Solalinde. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/03/2012)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"