AMERICA/MEXICO - At the Guadalajara Film Festival a documentary about the harsh reality of a "journey of hope" of Central American migrants
Guadalajara (Agenzia Fides) - Illegal immigrants in the United States in a few years will found the political and social system of that country: this was said by the Mexican priest Alejandro Solalinde who presented in Guadalajara a documentary on the shelter for migrants which the southern state of Oaxaca is responsible for. "They are becoming a hidden revolution, silent, which will found the United States and make them become a true democracy," Fr. Solalinde told a news agency.
Father Alejandro Solalinde, well known for his work in favor of migrants (see Fides 10/02/2011 and 25/02/2011), participates in the Guadalajara International Film Festival (FICG), where he presented a documentary with regards to his reception center for Central American migrants in Oaxaca, southern Mexico. The priest said that the influx is growing day by day due to poor economic conditions of countries in Central America, and this "demonstrates the failure" of the system and government institutions in Mexico and the United States.
The note sent to Fides shows the contents of the film presented in Guadalajara. The documentary "El albergue" (2012) shows the center founded by Father Solalinde, who provides food, shelter and counseling to men and women who leave their countries and cross Mexico to reach the "American dream" in the U.S.A. The film brings to light the abuses committed by organized crime and kidnappings, in complicity with the Mexican authorities, against those who try to reach the U.S. and stop for a few days at the reception center, in Ciudad Ixtepec, state of Oaxaca, a geographical "strategic" point to smuggle weapons, drugs and people, said Father Solalinde. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/03/2012)
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root