ASIA/PAKISTAN - For the Year of Faith, the Bishops launch an evangelization project with music
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) – It is called "Kalam ke Geet", which in Urdu means "Songs of the Word of God": it is a new CD with liturgical and some non-liturgical music, produced by the studio "Wave", which acts under the aegis of the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan. The new CD is part of an evangelization project with music launched by the Episcopal Commission for Social Communications on the occasion of the Year of Faith, explains to Fides Fr. John Shakir Nadeem, Director of the studio "Wave" and Secretary of the Commission.
The priest told Fides: "Our music has the aim to evangelize in Pakistan. Music has the power to reach far-flung parts of the country, which is expensive or difficult to go in person. In the Year of Faith, our music will be used for projects and initiatives of evangelization, in collaboration with the Biblical Commission. With the music of Wave, it is easy to reach people's hearts. Those who listen to it are enriched. Music is a seed of the new evangelization".
The studio Wave was created in Lahore in 1977 by the Catholic Episcopal Conference of Pakistan with the motto "Peace through music." Proceeding next to the National Pastoral Project of the Catholic Church, it has realized audio-visual and aid for the pastoral care, in urdu and punjabi language. The productions are designed to reach thousands of faithful but also non-Christians. Among the latest productions, the project to music the Psalms has also gained appreciation in India. The music produced by Wave is used in several radio stations like Radio Veritas, Radio Vatican, Radio Pakistan, other TV stations and cable channels. The main channel of distribution of audiovisual material is that of the Daughters of St. Paul, present in Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 09/03/2012)
- 2014-04-16 - Appeal to the Italian government to ask for "the repeal of the blasphemy law in Pakistan"
- 2014-04-15 - Minorities are being targeted: the study and testimony of Pakistanis abroad
- 2014-04-14 - Asia Bibi trial "postponed to a later date": a mystery
- 2014-04-12 - Asia Bibi's case: the hearing is likely to be postponed
- 2014-04-09 - Every year, thousands of Hindu and Christian girls kidnapped and forced into Islamic marriage: new Report
- 2014-04-09 - Appeal for Christians sentenced to death for "blasphemy via sms" has been filed at the High Court
- 2014-04-08 - Only 28 % of women are in physical condition to breastfeed their infants
- 2014-04-07 - Legal battle after the death sentence of a Christian couple for blasphemous SMS
- 2014-04-04 - Death sentence for the Christian Sawan Masih: politics is deaf but dissent is increasing
- 2014-04-03 - Threats to the lawyer who defends Christians accused of blasphemy