ASIA/PAKISTAN - For the Year of Faith, the Bishops launch an evangelization project with music
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) – It is called "Kalam ke Geet", which in Urdu means "Songs of the Word of God": it is a new CD with liturgical and some non-liturgical music, produced by the studio "Wave", which acts under the aegis of the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan. The new CD is part of an evangelization project with music launched by the Episcopal Commission for Social Communications on the occasion of the Year of Faith, explains to Fides Fr. John Shakir Nadeem, Director of the studio "Wave" and Secretary of the Commission.
The priest told Fides: "Our music has the aim to evangelize in Pakistan. Music has the power to reach far-flung parts of the country, which is expensive or difficult to go in person. In the Year of Faith, our music will be used for projects and initiatives of evangelization, in collaboration with the Biblical Commission. With the music of Wave, it is easy to reach people's hearts. Those who listen to it are enriched. Music is a seed of the new evangelization".
The studio Wave was created in Lahore in 1977 by the Catholic Episcopal Conference of Pakistan with the motto "Peace through music." Proceeding next to the National Pastoral Project of the Catholic Church, it has realized audio-visual and aid for the pastoral care, in urdu and punjabi language. The productions are designed to reach thousands of faithful but also non-Christians. Among the latest productions, the project to music the Psalms has also gained appreciation in India. The music produced by Wave is used in several radio stations like Radio Veritas, Radio Vatican, Radio Pakistan, other TV stations and cable channels. The main channel of distribution of audiovisual material is that of the Daughters of St. Paul, present in Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 09/03/2012)
- 2015-07-25 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Young Christian woman abducted and forced into Islamic marriage
- 2015-07-25 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Every year a thousand Christian and Hindu girls suffer forced conversion to Islam and abuse
- 2015-07-23 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Minor Christian girl sold and abused
- 2015-07-22 - The Dominican Channan: "Dialogue with Islam to change the blasphemy law"
- 2015-07-22 - Asia Bibi's case before the Supreme Court: sentence suspended and review of the case
- 2015-07-21 - Two Christian brothers arrested on charges of blasphemy
- 2015-07-07 - The government bans to translate holy Islamic terms
- 2015-07-02 - The police save a Christian accused of blasphemy from being lynched
- 2015-07-01 - Three missionary nuns forced to leave Pakistan
- 2015-06-30 - A thousand victims in five days due to heatwave