ASIA/PAKISTAN - For the Year of Faith, the Bishops launch an evangelization project with music
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) – It is called "Kalam ke Geet", which in Urdu means "Songs of the Word of God": it is a new CD with liturgical and some non-liturgical music, produced by the studio "Wave", which acts under the aegis of the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan. The new CD is part of an evangelization project with music launched by the Episcopal Commission for Social Communications on the occasion of the Year of Faith, explains to Fides Fr. John Shakir Nadeem, Director of the studio "Wave" and Secretary of the Commission.
The priest told Fides: "Our music has the aim to evangelize in Pakistan. Music has the power to reach far-flung parts of the country, which is expensive or difficult to go in person. In the Year of Faith, our music will be used for projects and initiatives of evangelization, in collaboration with the Biblical Commission. With the music of Wave, it is easy to reach people's hearts. Those who listen to it are enriched. Music is a seed of the new evangelization".
The studio Wave was created in Lahore in 1977 by the Catholic Episcopal Conference of Pakistan with the motto "Peace through music." Proceeding next to the National Pastoral Project of the Catholic Church, it has realized audio-visual and aid for the pastoral care, in urdu and punjabi language. The productions are designed to reach thousands of faithful but also non-Christians. Among the latest productions, the project to music the Psalms has also gained appreciation in India. The music produced by Wave is used in several radio stations like Radio Veritas, Radio Vatican, Radio Pakistan, other TV stations and cable channels. The main channel of distribution of audiovisual material is that of the Daughters of St. Paul, present in Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 09/03/2012)
- 2014-07-28 - "Terrorism and intolerance are the wounds of Pakistan"
- 2014-07-24 - Also displaced Christians and Hindus from North Waziristan: no to discrimination
- 2014-07-05 - Escape from terrorism and extremism: the exodus of religious minorities has started
- 2014-07-03 - Terrorist groups settle in the Christian area of Essa Nagri in Karachi
- 2014-07-01 - Solidarity towards the orphans of the massacre in the church of Peshawar
- 2014-06-30 - The Archbishop of Lahore: "A new springtime for the Church in our country"
- 2014-06-28 - Discrimination and violence against a Christian businessman, threatened by Islamic extremists
- 2014-06-25 - Petition filed at the High Court: fix a trial date for Asia Bibi
- 2014-06-24 - Historic decision: the birth of the "National Council for the rights of minorities"
- 2014-06-20 - Missio-Aachen: a year dedicated to Pakistan