ASIA/PAKISTAN - For the Year of Faith, the Bishops launch an evangelization project with music
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) – It is called "Kalam ke Geet", which in Urdu means "Songs of the Word of God": it is a new CD with liturgical and some non-liturgical music, produced by the studio "Wave", which acts under the aegis of the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan. The new CD is part of an evangelization project with music launched by the Episcopal Commission for Social Communications on the occasion of the Year of Faith, explains to Fides Fr. John Shakir Nadeem, Director of the studio "Wave" and Secretary of the Commission.
The priest told Fides: "Our music has the aim to evangelize in Pakistan. Music has the power to reach far-flung parts of the country, which is expensive or difficult to go in person. In the Year of Faith, our music will be used for projects and initiatives of evangelization, in collaboration with the Biblical Commission. With the music of Wave, it is easy to reach people's hearts. Those who listen to it are enriched. Music is a seed of the new evangelization".
The studio Wave was created in Lahore in 1977 by the Catholic Episcopal Conference of Pakistan with the motto "Peace through music." Proceeding next to the National Pastoral Project of the Catholic Church, it has realized audio-visual and aid for the pastoral care, in urdu and punjabi language. The productions are designed to reach thousands of faithful but also non-Christians. Among the latest productions, the project to music the Psalms has also gained appreciation in India. The music produced by Wave is used in several radio stations like Radio Veritas, Radio Vatican, Radio Pakistan, other TV stations and cable channels. The main channel of distribution of audiovisual material is that of the Daughters of St. Paul, present in Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 09/03/2012)
- 2015-11-26 - Kidnapping and conversion of a 13-year-old Christian girl to Islam
- 2015-11-24 - The first hearing in the appeal case of blasphemy convicted Sajjad Masih Gill fixed
- 2015-11-20 - Need to recognize the persecution of minorities
- 2015-11-18 - Francis of Assisi and the encyclical "Laudato Sì"
- 2015-11-16 - Archbishop Shaw: "Christians in Pakistan pray for Paris"
- 2015-11-13 - Christian activist shot in the legs
- 2015-11-12 - Christian students are prohibited to use the toilets used by Muslims at school
- 2015-11-10 - Discrimination in the education system: a petition to the Supreme Court
- 2015-11-09 - Christians: there is "selection", not "election" of minorities in the local vote
- 2015-11-05 - A year ago a Christian couple was burned alive: today new life for their children