AMERICA/PERU-"Clean hands, healthy children",to wash hands can reduce 50% of diarrhea cases in the country
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The campaign "Manos Limpias niños sanos ", launched in Peru in 2005, aims to promote the habit of washing hands with soap and water before eating or touching food. This, in fact, can reduce 50% of diarrhea cases in the country. In Peru, the infection causes the death of about two thousand children a year and harms the nutritional development of millions of children under 5 years of age, affected between 5 and 10 episodes of diarrhea per year. To wash hands with soap and water before cooking, eating, after changing diapers and after using the bathroom, avoids the appearance of diseases like diarrhea. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/03/2012)
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life
- 2014-07-07 - The President receives requests to stop the law on therapeutic abortion
- 2014-07-04 - School conditions for poor Ashaninkas children
- 2014-07-02 - Legislation for therapeutic abortion is "immoral, unconstitutional and illegal"
- 2014-06-23 - Disabled children integrated in public schools in the south-west area of the Country
- 2014-06-13 - Denunciation of the Bishop of Puerto Maldonado for the violent intervention of the police against the miners
- 2014-05-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "to link all to criminality is just junk journalism"
- 2014-05-17 - Ceramic workshop in prison, with the help of the local Church
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo