AMERICA/PERU-"Clean hands, healthy children",to wash hands can reduce 50% of diarrhea cases in the country
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The campaign "Manos Limpias niños sanos ", launched in Peru in 2005, aims to promote the habit of washing hands with soap and water before eating or touching food. This, in fact, can reduce 50% of diarrhea cases in the country. In Peru, the infection causes the death of about two thousand children a year and harms the nutritional development of millions of children under 5 years of age, affected between 5 and 10 episodes of diarrhea per year. To wash hands with soap and water before cooking, eating, after changing diapers and after using the bathroom, avoids the appearance of diseases like diarrhea. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/03/2012)
- 2015-12-01 - The beatification of three missionary martyrs: "Martyrs of faith and charity, witnesses of hope"
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"