AMERICA/PERU-"Clean hands, healthy children",to wash hands can reduce 50% of diarrhea cases in the country
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - The campaign "Manos Limpias niños sanos ", launched in Peru in 2005, aims to promote the habit of washing hands with soap and water before eating or touching food. This, in fact, can reduce 50% of diarrhea cases in the country. In Peru, the infection causes the death of about two thousand children a year and harms the nutritional development of millions of children under 5 years of age, affected between 5 and 10 episodes of diarrhea per year. To wash hands with soap and water before cooking, eating, after changing diapers and after using the bathroom, avoids the appearance of diseases like diarrhea. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 05/03/2012)
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth