AMERICA/VENEZUELA-A country free of violence: campaign for Lent 2012
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - Consider Lent is considered a suitable time for prayer, fellowship, sharing: this is why Caritas Venezuela presented its campaign "Compartir 2012" (Sharing) aimed at building peace. As reported to Fides by the local church, this is the 32nd edition which, on this occasion, is titled "A Venezuela 100% free of violence."
The Campaign is an instrument of the Church to bring to the attention of the faithful some topics of general interest that touch the Venezuelan society. In the note sent to Fides, it is explained how every year, the Bishops deal with the reality of the country and its most critical problems. Insecurity is a problem that strongly affects the population, and that poses a threat to all families. For this reason, the Catholic Church has decided that during 2012, the delegates of the national Caritas will work for the construction of peace, tolerance and peaceful conflict resolution, working in all communities, especially through the parishes.
This message, confirms the note, will be broadcast by all media and will be released at all levels, with neighborhood meetings, meetings in schools, through sports and cultural activities throughout the country. The Campaign "Compartir 2012" - says in conclusion - will be promoted by all the Catholic organizations (parishes, schools, vicarages, associations, religious institutions) and will try to counter the "culture of death" by emphasizing the goodness of the "culture of life " which, through Gospel values,"reinforces the positive references that tie together the Venezuelan people." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/2/2012)
- 2013-05-15 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Maronite Patriarch Rai: "Venezuela is in good hands"
- 2013-05-03 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Urgent mediation of the church, the country still in violence for political clashes
- 2013-04-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Infant malnutrition remains a serious problem
- 2013-04-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The church offers itself as a guarantor of peace before the violence in the country
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Nicolas Maduro new Venezuelan President
- 2013-04-05 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - " Abstention is not conducive to the people": the Bishops invite to vote on April 14
- 2013-03-20 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Poverty in the country is three times higher than that of Chile and Uruguay
- 2013-03-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A Day dedicated to Girls and Indigenous Children
- 2013-03-09 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Cardinal Urosa in Rome at the Mass for Chavez: "Look ahead and seek peace"
- 2013-03-07 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Tomorrow a Mass for the late President Chavez presided over by Cardinal Urosa in Rome