AMERICA/BRAZIL - "The gaze of the missionary disciple on the global reality of ": the First Encounter for missionary formation has concluded
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - the first national Meeting of the missionary formation for Coordinators and Animators of the Diocesan Missionary Councils (COMIDIS) and of the Parish Council Missionaries (COMIPAS) has concluded. The meeting was sponsored by the Mission Cultural Center (CCM) in collaboration with the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) and the Commission for Missionary Action of the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB), with the aim to strengthen the articulation of missionary organizations, in addition to providing the basic tools so that the missionary animation is effective in all dioceses and parishes in the Country. The event began on Friday, February 17, attended by 45 participants from different parts of Brazil, between laity, religious and young priests.
According to information Fides received, the program contemplated four key issues: the gaze of the missionary disciple on the global reality of today; the notion of mission from the II Vatican Council; the role of the missionary animator in the Christian community; elements for a missionary spirituality beyond the borders. The meeting was led by the leaders of the PMS, the CCM and the Commission for Missionary Action, and among other things provided an opportunity for an important exchange of experiences among participants. All expressed a desire to be involved in a change of mentality in the Church, through a renewed mission awareness. The formation session was marked by testimonies, biblical reflections, pastoral experiences of missionaries events, parties and panel discussions. The next National Meeting for Missionary Formation will be held from 14 to 18 November 2012 at the CCM. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/2/2012)
- 2015-05-22 - More than 630,000 signatures for political Reform and transparent elections
- 2015-05-02 - Bishops' Message for May 1st: "We cannot live with slave labor"
- 2015-04-29 - "They kill to intimidate": another indigenous leader killed, the complaint of CIMI
- 2015-04-28 - Theme chosen for Missionary Campaign 2015 in Brazil: "Mission is to serve"
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"