AMERICA/BRAZIL - "The gaze of the missionary disciple on the global reality of ": the First Encounter for missionary formation has concluded
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - the first national Meeting of the missionary formation for Coordinators and Animators of the Diocesan Missionary Councils (COMIDIS) and of the Parish Council Missionaries (COMIPAS) has concluded. The meeting was sponsored by the Mission Cultural Center (CCM) in collaboration with the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) and the Commission for Missionary Action of the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB), with the aim to strengthen the articulation of missionary organizations, in addition to providing the basic tools so that the missionary animation is effective in all dioceses and parishes in the Country. The event began on Friday, February 17, attended by 45 participants from different parts of Brazil, between laity, religious and young priests.
According to information Fides received, the program contemplated four key issues: the gaze of the missionary disciple on the global reality of today; the notion of mission from the II Vatican Council; the role of the missionary animator in the Christian community; elements for a missionary spirituality beyond the borders. The meeting was led by the leaders of the PMS, the CCM and the Commission for Missionary Action, and among other things provided an opportunity for an important exchange of experiences among participants. All expressed a desire to be involved in a change of mentality in the Church, through a renewed mission awareness. The formation session was marked by testimonies, biblical reflections, pastoral experiences of missionaries events, parties and panel discussions. The next National Meeting for Missionary Formation will be held from 14 to 18 November 2012 at the CCM. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/2/2012)
- 2014-04-07 - CIMI delivers a document on the suffering of the indigenous peoples of the Amazon to the Pope
- 2014-04-04 - "He taught us that in order for the Gospel to be proclaimed it must be acculturated": Brazil and Spain in celebration for the canonization of "Father Anchieta"
- 2014-04-02 - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
- 2014-03-26 - The Brazilian Church accompanies the World Cup inviting to combat trafficking
- 2014-03-04 - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
- 2014-02-17 - "Play for Life": thousands of religious mobilize against human trafficking
- 2014-02-06 - Cardinal Filoni: "The announcement ad gentes is part of the responsibility that all the particular Churches have toward Christ"
- 2014-02-04 - Cardinal Filoni to Brazilian Bishops: The II Vatican Council and the missionary dimension of the Church
- 2014-02-03 - 50 years since the II Vatican Council: missionary commitment, consecrated life, episcopal ministry of Bishops
- 2014-01-23 - Prisons do not re-educate and are in crisis: intervention of the Archbishop of Rio