AMERICA/BRAZIL - "The gaze of the missionary disciple on the global reality of ": the First Encounter for missionary formation has concluded
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - the first national Meeting of the missionary formation for Coordinators and Animators of the Diocesan Missionary Councils (COMIDIS) and of the Parish Council Missionaries (COMIPAS) has concluded. The meeting was sponsored by the Mission Cultural Center (CCM) in collaboration with the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) and the Commission for Missionary Action of the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB), with the aim to strengthen the articulation of missionary organizations, in addition to providing the basic tools so that the missionary animation is effective in all dioceses and parishes in the Country. The event began on Friday, February 17, attended by 45 participants from different parts of Brazil, between laity, religious and young priests.
According to information Fides received, the program contemplated four key issues: the gaze of the missionary disciple on the global reality of today; the notion of mission from the II Vatican Council; the role of the missionary animator in the Christian community; elements for a missionary spirituality beyond the borders. The meeting was led by the leaders of the PMS, the CCM and the Commission for Missionary Action, and among other things provided an opportunity for an important exchange of experiences among participants. All expressed a desire to be involved in a change of mentality in the Church, through a renewed mission awareness. The formation session was marked by testimonies, biblical reflections, pastoral experiences of missionaries events, parties and panel discussions. The next National Meeting for Missionary Formation will be held from 14 to 18 November 2012 at the CCM. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/2/2012)
- 2013-11-29 AMERICA/BRAZIL - A single voice: "the problem concerning land has to be solved permanently"
- 2013-11-20 AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Play for Life" campaign against human trafficking in view of the World Cup
- 2013-11-09 AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Bishops: Catholic communities in the front line against human trafficking
- 2013-10-19 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Orionines at the Assembly in Aparecida, 100 years after the arrival of the first missionaries in Brazil
- 2013-10-07 AMERICA/BRAZIL - III World Conference on Child Labour
- 2013-10-05 AMERICA/BRAZIL - The invitation of the PMS: The mission must rely on the dynamism and generosity of the youth
- 2013-09-27 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Defense of the Constitution, human rights, the environment: national mobilization of the indigenous
- 2013-09-27 AMERICA/BRAZIL - The "Igreja Catholic apostolic brasileira" is a schismatic community
- 2013-09-23 AMERICA/BRAZIL - The PMS of the Southern Cone prepare CAM4 - COMLA9
- 2013-09-21 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Violence, murders and suicides, the indigenous people hope in the aid of the Church