AMERICA/BRAZIL - "The gaze of the missionary disciple on the global reality of ": the First Encounter for missionary formation has concluded
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - the first national Meeting of the missionary formation for Coordinators and Animators of the Diocesan Missionary Councils (COMIDIS) and of the Parish Council Missionaries (COMIPAS) has concluded. The meeting was sponsored by the Mission Cultural Center (CCM) in collaboration with the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) and the Commission for Missionary Action of the Episcopal Conference of Brazil (CNBB), with the aim to strengthen the articulation of missionary organizations, in addition to providing the basic tools so that the missionary animation is effective in all dioceses and parishes in the Country. The event began on Friday, February 17, attended by 45 participants from different parts of Brazil, between laity, religious and young priests.
According to information Fides received, the program contemplated four key issues: the gaze of the missionary disciple on the global reality of today; the notion of mission from the II Vatican Council; the role of the missionary animator in the Christian community; elements for a missionary spirituality beyond the borders. The meeting was led by the leaders of the PMS, the CCM and the Commission for Missionary Action, and among other things provided an opportunity for an important exchange of experiences among participants. All expressed a desire to be involved in a change of mentality in the Church, through a renewed mission awareness. The formation session was marked by testimonies, biblical reflections, pastoral experiences of missionaries events, parties and panel discussions. The next National Meeting for Missionary Formation will be held from 14 to 18 November 2012 at the CCM. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/2/2012)
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"