AMERICA/PERU - In the northern region of Lambayeque there are about 60 000 working children
Lambayeque (Agenzia Fides) - There are approximately 60 000 child laborers in the northern region of Lambayeque, Peru. According to local sources, the number of children committed to working on the streets has increased by 18%. They sell candy, bolts for cars, they are masons or they work in the fields. Local statistics indicate that every year, in summer there is an increase in the indices of child labor, and operations are in progress to detect whether these children are working voluntarily or are forced by their parents. The rise of the phenomenon always occurs during the school holidays because, due to the poverty of many families of Lambayeque, the children must try to raise money to buy basic necessities. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 21/2/2012)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking