AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Family and Youth, support for evangelization in the Bishops' message
San Jose (Agenzia Fides) - The Episcopal Conference of Costa Rica (CECR) published a message at the end of 103th Ordinary Assembly, a copy of which was sent to Fides. The declaration of the Bishops is divided into 6 parts covering the entire life of the country.
The first is an invitation to reflect on "Project Country": evangelization and human promotion go together on the path of democracy to unite and renew the ethical commitment for the common good and to overcome injustice, individualism and indifference. The second part is a praise for the 70 years of the "Caja Costarricense of Seguro Social" (CCSS: Fund of Costa Rica for Social Security).
In the third part it is expressly required to respect the laws that aim to protect life, the dignity of the person, the nature of family and values of society in Costa Rica. "In particular, we ask the media, social networks and trainers of public opinion who, above economic, political and ideological interests, with a sense of responsibility and spirit of serving the common good, to use these tools to promote the true values that encourage the society of Costa Rica".
In the fourth part the Bishops invite to renew their commitment to the education of children and young people, the nation's future. The Church as an institution on her behalf renews the commitment to family formation. In the fifth part it reminds the community that on February 2 "Youth and Family Project" started with which the CECR wants to support the task of evangelization, in working with families and youth. Finally, the last part contains an invitation to celebrate the Fourth National Eucharistic Congress at the Diocese of Cartago, scheduled for 2013, as part of the commemoration of the First Centenary of the National Eucharistic Congress of 1913.
The document concludes with a special invitation to pastoral workers, for a continuous preparation in their work and service to the local church, and the whole community, so that they join in prayer for the Holy Father who will visit Mexico and Cuba in March, an opportunity for spiritual renewal not only for these countries but for all communities in Latin America. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/2/2012)
- 2013-11-20 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - From December, all the parishes will reflect on the Bishops’ document in view of elections
- 2013-11-19 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Alert concerning dengue cases among children under 4 years of age: since 2013 1,500 have been infected
- 2013-11-14 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Appeal rejected: the Bishops' document on the election does not favor any party
- 2013-10-28 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - " It is time to act!": Families in defense of life, the first human right
- 2013-10-01 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Poverty rate remains constant and alarming
- 2013-10-01 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - The Church offers criteria to elect the next President: a document is being prepared
- 2013-08-24 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Violence against children: an "epidemic" that continues to spread
- 2013-07-03 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - 4,350 'tetra pak' desks for school children in Alajuela
- 2013-01-29 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Eco Catolico, the first weekly in the Country has been announcing truth and justice for 130 years
- 2012-12-15 AMERICA/COSTA RICA - "The attack on life harms development and peace," says the Apostolic Nuncio