AMERICA/COSTA RICA - Family and Youth, support for evangelization in the Bishops' message
San Jose (Agenzia Fides) - The Episcopal Conference of Costa Rica (CECR) published a message at the end of 103th Ordinary Assembly, a copy of which was sent to Fides. The declaration of the Bishops is divided into 6 parts covering the entire life of the country.
The first is an invitation to reflect on "Project Country": evangelization and human promotion go together on the path of democracy to unite and renew the ethical commitment for the common good and to overcome injustice, individualism and indifference. The second part is a praise for the 70 years of the "Caja Costarricense of Seguro Social" (CCSS: Fund of Costa Rica for Social Security).
In the third part it is expressly required to respect the laws that aim to protect life, the dignity of the person, the nature of family and values of society in Costa Rica. "In particular, we ask the media, social networks and trainers of public opinion who, above economic, political and ideological interests, with a sense of responsibility and spirit of serving the common good, to use these tools to promote the true values that encourage the society of Costa Rica".
In the fourth part the Bishops invite to renew their commitment to the education of children and young people, the nation's future. The Church as an institution on her behalf renews the commitment to family formation. In the fifth part it reminds the community that on February 2 "Youth and Family Project" started with which the CECR wants to support the task of evangelization, in working with families and youth. Finally, the last part contains an invitation to celebrate the Fourth National Eucharistic Congress at the Diocese of Cartago, scheduled for 2013, as part of the commemoration of the First Centenary of the National Eucharistic Congress of 1913.
The document concludes with a special invitation to pastoral workers, for a continuous preparation in their work and service to the local church, and the whole community, so that they join in prayer for the Holy Father who will visit Mexico and Cuba in March, an opportunity for spiritual renewal not only for these countries but for all communities in Latin America. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/2/2012)
- 2015-08-04 - AMERICA/COSTA RICA –La Negrita celebrations: the local Catholic Church calls for intervention in favour of the family
- 2015-03-02 - Unexpected increase of cases of rotavirus in children: a thousand a week
- 2014-12-23 - Entrepreneurial initiatives for poor women
- 2014-12-17 - The campaign against hunger begins again, especially to help poor families
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/COSTA RICA – Poverty and violence afflict 34% of Costa Rica’s children
- 2014-09-09 - Solidarity initiative to prevent child abuse and maltreatment
- 2014-07-23 - The chicungunya virus continues to alarm Latin American Countries
- 2014-06-12 - More than 47 thousand children suffer violence and are forced to work
- 2014-06-09 - Over 47 000 boys and girls exploited for child labor
- 2014-04-07 - Presidential elections: the Bishops urge unity for peace, solidarity, justice and holiness