AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - The first Camillian Bishop has been given a new diocese in Burkina Faso
Tenkodogo (Agenzia Fides) - OnSaturday, February 11 the news of the erection of the new diocese of Tenkodogo, Burkina Faso, and the appointment of its first Bishop, P. Kontiebo Prosper was published, who is also the first Bishop of the Camillian Missionary, MI (see the decree and biography in today's Fides, Acta of the Holy See).
"On behalf of all the members of the Order, I express gratitude to the Holy Father for having elevated a religious Camillian to Bishop - wrote the Superior General of the Order, Fr. Renato Salvatore -. All those who have had the joy of knowing him, today are very proud and participate with joy, praising the Lord to continue to keep watch over the Viceprovince of Burkina Faso of which our brother was a safe and necessary guide. I think it is very significant that the announcement was made this day so 'Camillian': World Day of the Sick and the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. "
The Apostolic Nuncio in Burkina Faso and Niger, His Exc. Mgr. Vito Rallo, in his message stressed the fact that "the Church-Family of God is Catholic, ie universal; therefore it knows no regional or provincial borders. We are all members of the same and only Church, and no Catholic is a foreigner in another Diocese. Imagine for a moment, if the first Missionaries and Bishops of Burkina Faso had never come from outside, in this case from France, there would be no Catholic Church now in Burkina Faso. Thus, at the recent Synod for Africa, the Synod Fathers asked that the faithful and priests welcome, in a spirit of faith, the Bishop that the Holy Father sends them as their Pastor of the Diocese". Wanted and founded in late 1500 by S. Camillo de Lellis, Universal Patron of the sick, the
health professionals and hospitals, the Order of the Ministers of the Sick has always been a point of reference for the needy and for those who suffer. Today, it is present in 35 Countries and, through the Camillian Task Force, in the areas most at risk, from Haiti to Pakistan, and during natural disasters, such as in the Horn of Africa. The Camillians are preparing to celebrate the fourth Centenary of the death of St. Camillus, with a series of initiatives planned as from next May. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 13/2/2012)
- 2013-02-20 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - Caritas Sahel Meeting: focus Humanitarian Crisis in Mali
- 2012-12-15 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - Centenary of the Evangelization of Koudougou: an extraordinary opportunity to become more aware of the missionary mandate
- 2012-11-24 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - "There is always the widow's contribution that gives hope": testimony of the Bishop of Tenkodogo
- 2012-10-25 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - A Camillian from Burkina Faso dies at the age of 21, on the 45th day of his first religious profession
- 2012-10-18 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - "It is a great thing to serve others": the testimony of a missionary Camillian doctor from Burkina Faso
- 2012-07-16 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - Famine and insecurity at the base of the exodus of refugees from Mali; the project of the Camillian Task Force
- 2012-07-03 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - The gold rush and its social consequences
- 2012-02-24 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO-Thousands of displaced Tuareg from conflict zones of Mali, the situation worsens
- 2012-02-13 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - The first Camillian Bishop has been given a new diocese in Burkina Faso
- 2011-09-27 AFRICA/BURKINA FASO - Multi-purpose school and training center for girls in the province of Gourma