ASIA/HONG KONG - Mgr. Tong to the religious: "Everyone has his/her own charisma, but we are all instrument of evangelization"
Hong Kong (Agenzia Fides) - Each with his/her own charisma, but we are all instrument of evangelization of the Lord: so this is how His Exc. Mgr. John Tong , Bishop of Hong Kong, who will be created cardinal in the next Consistory, urged the men and women religious on the occasion of the celebration of the Day of Consecrated Life, which he presided in the church of Christ the King on February 2. According to reports from the Kong Ko Bao (Chinese version of the diocesan bulletin), a dozen religious priests concelebrated with Mgr. Tong and over 200 men and women religious present renewed their vows before the Bishop of Hong Kong, reaffirming the will of being instruments of the Lord through the dedication of their lives. Then they listened to the testimonies of vocation of three men/women.
According to reports from the Hong Kong Catholic Church Directory 2011, the diocese has 357,000 faithful, and has 63 and 177 Chinese religious priests, and 177 foreigners belonging to 16 religious congregations or religious institutes, 344 Chinese women religious and 145 foreigners belonging to 28 congregations or institutes, 27 Chinese religious brothers and 27 foreigners belonging to 9 congregations, 22 male novices and 7 women novices. In addition, 30 parishes and 119 schools are run by religious, who are very active in the evangelization in parishes, in the education and health care field. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 10/2/2012)
- 2014-11-12 - Pilgrims in Yim Tin Tsai recall St. Joseph Freinademetz
- 2013-06-10 - Dialogue and charity for a new society: Card. Sarah for the 60 years of Caritas
- 2013-03-08 - Cardinal John Tong encourages catechumens to participate actively in evangelization
- 2013-02-22 - Pilgrimage with relics of St Vincent de Paul
- 2013-02-19 - Church in perfect harmony with the Pope’s Message for World Communications Day
- 2013-02-15 - "From Sacred Scripture to Jesus Christ": Pastoral Letter for Lent
- 2013-02-14 - Catholic school students - an active part in the Chinese New Year Fair
- 2013-02-04 - "We are all missionaries": the way of WYD in Hong Kong sponsored by the Youth Pastoral Commission of the Diocese begins
- 2013-02-01 - The Catholic Biblical Association of Hong Kong celebrates 40 years of pastoral service
- 2013-01-25 - Day of Volunteering promotes the hospital pastoral care in the Year of Faith