AMERICA/PANAMA - The II Symposium of preparation for the CAM4 has started: multiculturalism, the challenge to mission
Panama City (Agenzia Fides) - Under the slogan "multi-cultural present and future, the challenge for the mission", the work of the Second International Symposium on Missiology opened today, January 23 whose main goal is to provide a space for reflection on multiculturalism present in America and the challenges this situation presents to mission, in line with the conclusions of Aparecida and the preparation for the CAM4 - COMLA9.
The Symposium is addressed to the entire American Church, which is preparing to live the IV American Missionary Congress (CAM 4), as a profound experience of renewal of faith and of Christian and missionary commitment, to give full life to all peoples of the continent.
The note sent by the PMS of Venezuela to Fides, informs that the Symposium will last a week, and there will be 70 participants from all countries of the Americas. Through lectures and workshops the question of multiculturalism and the challenge of the present and the future for the mission will be faced.
At the opening of the Symposium, which is held in Mount Alvernia Retreat House in the Archdiocese of Panama, Archbishop Andrés Carrascosa, Apostolic Nuncio welcomed the participants. The Bishop in charge of the Missions, Monsignor Pedro Joaquin Hernandez (President of the Episcopal Commission for the Missions of the Episcopal Conference of Panama); Mgr. Castor Oswaldo Azuaje (President of the Executive Committee of CAM 4 - COMLA 9); Mgr. Jesús Alfonso Guerrero (President of the Theological Commission of CAM4 - COMLA9) and father Andrea Bignotti, IMC (PMS National Director of Venezuela and Secretary General of CAM4 - COMLA9) were also present.
After the opening ceremony, the Holy Mass was celebrated in the parish of San Antonio de Padua, presided by Archbishop Carrascosa, along with all the participants at the Symposium and members of neighboring communities. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2012)
- 2014-04-15 - The Church calls for calm and responsible participation in the voting
- 2014-02-14 - Conclusion of the Jubilee for the 500th anniversary of Santa Maria La Antigua, the first Church of the continent
- 2014-01-10 - "An inclusive democracy for the dignity of all the people in Panama": the Assembly of Bishops calls on people to vote on May 4
- 2013-11-25 - Religious leaders’ appeal to stop violence against children and adolescents
- 2013-10-31 - Priest killed in broad daylight in front of the Bishop's house
- 2013-10-24 - Education, health care and food for children belonging to poor communities
- 2013-10-16 - The Church ready to mediate between the government and doctors on strike
- 2013-10-10 - AMERICA/PANAMA – Doctors on strike stop the country, the mediation of the Church is requested
- 2013-09-17 - The deaths of poor children are 5 times higher in Latin America than in the rest of the world
- 2013-07-12 - "Defender who does not defend", scandal in the country, the Church's intervention