ASIA/INDONESIA - Aid to orphanages run by Catholics, Muslims and Protestants
Jakarta (Agenzia Fides) - The Rosa Mystica orphanage in Kupang, the capital of the province of East Nusa Tenggara, received a large donation by the richest man in Indonesia. The institute is run by the Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The structure, opened in 2000, currently houses 24 girls and requires a greater number of bedrooms and other facilities, including a computer room, as Sister Maria Irensia Liliana Kemat highlighted, director of the orphanage. In addition to the orphanage in Kupang, the Indonesian tycoon has made other donations, distributing them among five parishes located in remote areas of the nation, and two other orphanages run by Muslims and Protestants. The State has the world's most populous Muslim majority, Christians do not exceed 5% and Catholics make up only 3% of the population. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2012)
- 2014-04-10 - The Democrats win: high hopes for Christians after the general election
- 2014-02-26 - “Pluralism endangered” government inertia NGO report
- 2014-02-15 - New decree in Aceh imposes sharia law to non-Muslims
- 2014-01-18 - Widespread religious violence in Indonesia
- 2014-01-10 - Christians are increasing in Aceh, but no permission is given to build churches
- 2014-01-04 - Christian politicians: "Remove one's religious belief from identity cards"
- 2014-01-03 - To eradicate terrorism, we need a national plan of "de-radicalization"
- 2013-12-21 - ASIA/INDONESIA – Terrorism Alarm: at Christmas Muslims and Christians united in defense of churches
- 2013-11-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bogor and appointment of successor
- 2013-10-29 - More funds from the government to the Minister for Religious Affairs: appeal to promote harmony