ASIA/INDONESIA - Aid to orphanages run by Catholics, Muslims and Protestants
Jakarta (Agenzia Fides) - The Rosa Mystica orphanage in Kupang, the capital of the province of East Nusa Tenggara, received a large donation by the richest man in Indonesia. The institute is run by the Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The structure, opened in 2000, currently houses 24 girls and requires a greater number of bedrooms and other facilities, including a computer room, as Sister Maria Irensia Liliana Kemat highlighted, director of the orphanage. In addition to the orphanage in Kupang, the Indonesian tycoon has made other donations, distributing them among five parishes located in remote areas of the nation, and two other orphanages run by Muslims and Protestants. The State has the world's most populous Muslim majority, Christians do not exceed 5% and Catholics make up only 3% of the population. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 24/01/2012)
- 2013-11-21 ASIA/INDONESIA - Resignation of the Bishop of Bogor and appointment of successor
- 2013-10-29 ASIA/INDONESIA - More funds from the government to the Minister for Religious Affairs: appeal to promote harmony
- 2013-10-25 ASIA/INDONESIA - Reception centers for street children
- 2013-10-08 ASIA/INDONESIA - A coffin in procession: Islamist threats against the Christian governor
- 2013-10-03 ASIA/INDONESIA - Islamist militants block the construction of a Catholic church that has a valid permit
- 2013-08-24 ASIA/INDONESIA - President Yudhoyono: more commitment against intolerance and for religious freedom
- 2013-05-29 ASIA/INDONESIA - Politics: "Yudhoyono has to act more to put an end to religious intolerance"
- 2013-05-23 ASIA/INDONESIA - A Jesuit: President Yudhoyono is an accomplice of religious intolerance
- 2013-03-14 ASIA/INDONESIA - The Church in Indonesia near the new Pope: "We hope to promote dialogue with Islam"
- 2013-03-08 ASIA/INDONESIA - Radical Islamic groups: stop to the churches in West Java