AMERICA/PERU - III National Missionary Congress of the clergy and of consecrated life: "to be authentic witnesses and credible proclaimers in today's world"
Callao (Agenzia Fides) - The press office of the diocese of Callao sent Fides a note on the III National Missionary Congress which will take place in Callao from February 2 to 5 at the sports complex of the San Jose School of the Marists. The event is organized by the Pontifical Mission Societies, the Episcopal Commission for the clergy and the diocese of Callao. Priests, seminarians, religious, consecrated people, members of lay movements in the whole of Peru will participate in this important gathering.
"This Congress will be a moment of grace for the Church in Peru, it is intended to renew in the participants the personal encounter with the Risen One and strengthen the identity of the consecrated to the service of the Kingdom through their witness of life", said Father Victor Livori, National Director of the PMS in Peru. The theme chosen is "Witnesses and heralds of Christ in communion, so that the world may believe". The Congress will see the presence of Bishop speakers from all over America, and the fulfillment of 10 workshops led by well-known representatives of the Peruvian Church.
Mgr. Juan de Dios Rojas, Vicar General of the diocese of Callao, has confirmed that this missionary event has the aim of promoting the missionary dimension of the clergy and members of religious life, so that they may be authentic witnesses and credible proclaimers in today's world , as required by the Fifth General Assembly of the Latin American and Caribbean Episcopate.
The Vicar General therefore encourages everyone to "live the missionary commitment of our Peruvian Church so that the Gospel can spread throughout the world through our priests and religious. Considering this very important National Congress, we urge everyone to participate and enrich their experience with this event". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/01/2012)
- 2013-11-07 AMERICA/PERU - Exclusion and discrimination, but also struggle and resistance for indigenous women around the world
- 2013-10-28 AMERICA/PERU - 5,000 malnourished children in the province of Santa
- 2013-10-25 AMERICA/PERU - In one year children working and living on the streets have increased by 200%
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/PERU - Also the indigenous children Kukama took part in the "TINKUY 2013"
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/PERU - "I am not afraid of prisoners, but of those who are out on the loose and should be inside": the Bishop of Chimbote against violence
- 2013-10-14 AMERICA/PERU - Peruvian Migrants' Day, October - month of the Lord of Miracles
- 2013-10-09 AMERICA/PERU - The prisoners march for peace in Chimbote, the Bishop is present
- 2013-10-04 AMERICA/PERU - "Share your faith ... and also your bread": missionary month in the sign of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-02 AMERICA/PERU - Children and women exploited in sweatshops in the Amazon
- 2013-09-25 AMERICA/PERU - Two thousand victims rescued from human trafficking, 42% are minors