AMERICA/PERU - III National Missionary Congress of the clergy and of consecrated life: "to be authentic witnesses and credible proclaimers in today's world"
Callao (Agenzia Fides) - The press office of the diocese of Callao sent Fides a note on the III National Missionary Congress which will take place in Callao from February 2 to 5 at the sports complex of the San Jose School of the Marists. The event is organized by the Pontifical Mission Societies, the Episcopal Commission for the clergy and the diocese of Callao. Priests, seminarians, religious, consecrated people, members of lay movements in the whole of Peru will participate in this important gathering.
"This Congress will be a moment of grace for the Church in Peru, it is intended to renew in the participants the personal encounter with the Risen One and strengthen the identity of the consecrated to the service of the Kingdom through their witness of life", said Father Victor Livori, National Director of the PMS in Peru. The theme chosen is "Witnesses and heralds of Christ in communion, so that the world may believe". The Congress will see the presence of Bishop speakers from all over America, and the fulfillment of 10 workshops led by well-known representatives of the Peruvian Church.
Mgr. Juan de Dios Rojas, Vicar General of the diocese of Callao, has confirmed that this missionary event has the aim of promoting the missionary dimension of the clergy and members of religious life, so that they may be authentic witnesses and credible proclaimers in today's world , as required by the Fifth General Assembly of the Latin American and Caribbean Episcopate.
The Vicar General therefore encourages everyone to "live the missionary commitment of our Peruvian Church so that the Gospel can spread throughout the world through our priests and religious. Considering this very important National Congress, we urge everyone to participate and enrich their experience with this event". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/01/2012)
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures
- 2014-03-07 - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 - "Without communication, there are no rights"