AMERICA/PERU - III National Missionary Congress of the clergy and of consecrated life: "to be authentic witnesses and credible proclaimers in today's world"
Callao (Agenzia Fides) - The press office of the diocese of Callao sent Fides a note on the III National Missionary Congress which will take place in Callao from February 2 to 5 at the sports complex of the San Jose School of the Marists. The event is organized by the Pontifical Mission Societies, the Episcopal Commission for the clergy and the diocese of Callao. Priests, seminarians, religious, consecrated people, members of lay movements in the whole of Peru will participate in this important gathering.
"This Congress will be a moment of grace for the Church in Peru, it is intended to renew in the participants the personal encounter with the Risen One and strengthen the identity of the consecrated to the service of the Kingdom through their witness of life", said Father Victor Livori, National Director of the PMS in Peru. The theme chosen is "Witnesses and heralds of Christ in communion, so that the world may believe". The Congress will see the presence of Bishop speakers from all over America, and the fulfillment of 10 workshops led by well-known representatives of the Peruvian Church.
Mgr. Juan de Dios Rojas, Vicar General of the diocese of Callao, has confirmed that this missionary event has the aim of promoting the missionary dimension of the clergy and members of religious life, so that they may be authentic witnesses and credible proclaimers in today's world , as required by the Fifth General Assembly of the Latin American and Caribbean Episcopate.
The Vicar General therefore encourages everyone to "live the missionary commitment of our Peruvian Church so that the Gospel can spread throughout the world through our priests and religious. Considering this very important National Congress, we urge everyone to participate and enrich their experience with this event". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/01/2012)
- 2015-12-01 - The beatification of three missionary martyrs: "Martyrs of faith and charity, witnesses of hope"
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"