AMERICA/PERU - III National Missionary Congress of the clergy and of consecrated life: "to be authentic witnesses and credible proclaimers in today's world"
Callao (Agenzia Fides) - The press office of the diocese of Callao sent Fides a note on the III National Missionary Congress which will take place in Callao from February 2 to 5 at the sports complex of the San Jose School of the Marists. The event is organized by the Pontifical Mission Societies, the Episcopal Commission for the clergy and the diocese of Callao. Priests, seminarians, religious, consecrated people, members of lay movements in the whole of Peru will participate in this important gathering.
"This Congress will be a moment of grace for the Church in Peru, it is intended to renew in the participants the personal encounter with the Risen One and strengthen the identity of the consecrated to the service of the Kingdom through their witness of life", said Father Victor Livori, National Director of the PMS in Peru. The theme chosen is "Witnesses and heralds of Christ in communion, so that the world may believe". The Congress will see the presence of Bishop speakers from all over America, and the fulfillment of 10 workshops led by well-known representatives of the Peruvian Church.
Mgr. Juan de Dios Rojas, Vicar General of the diocese of Callao, has confirmed that this missionary event has the aim of promoting the missionary dimension of the clergy and members of religious life, so that they may be authentic witnesses and credible proclaimers in today's world , as required by the Fifth General Assembly of the Latin American and Caribbean Episcopate.
The Vicar General therefore encourages everyone to "live the missionary commitment of our Peruvian Church so that the Gospel can spread throughout the world through our priests and religious. Considering this very important National Congress, we urge everyone to participate and enrich their experience with this event". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/01/2012)
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries