AFRICA/SUDAN - The two priests kidnapped are well, negotiations are being held for their release
Khartoum (Agenzia Fides) - "We know that the two priests are in good condition and are probably held in a place near the border between North and South Sudan", this is what sources of the Archbishopric in Khartoum told Fides.
The two priests, Father Joseph Makwey, forty years old, and Father Sylvester Mogga, thirty-five, were kidnapped on Sunday evening, January 15 from the parish of Saint Josephine Bakhita, in Rabak, a town 260 kilometers south of Khartoum (see Fides 18/01/2012)
"This afternoon there will be a meeting to decide to send a delegation to negotiate with the kidnappers to release the two priests", said sources of Fides, confirming that the kidnappers belong to a southern anti-government militia (which acts against the government of Juba). South Sudan accuses Khartoum of supporting Southern militias, while the North of Sudan in turn accuses Juba of providing assistance to armed groups operating in States in the north on the border with the South (LM) (Agenzia Fides 19/01/2012 )
- 2013-05-16 AFRICA/SUDAN - 25 victims in the umpteenth bombing in the Nuba Mountains
- 2013-05-15 AFRICA/SUDAN - Chadian troops entered in Darfur, accusing a rebel movement
- 2013-04-05 AFRICA/SUDAN - The continuous bombing on villages in the Nuba Mountains aims to drive out the civilians
- 2013-03-13 AFRICA/SUDAN - The oil deal between Sudan and South Sudan is a prerequisite for the implementation of the agreements of 27 September
- 2013-02-21 AFRICA/SUDAN - Clashes in the Blue Nile area continue
- 2013-02-18 AFRICA/SUDAN - Are Islamists fleeing Mali finding refuge in Darfur?
- 2013-02-14 AFRICA/SUDAN - Talks between Sudan and South Sudan have been postponed
- 2013-01-24 AFRICA/SUDAN - "Stop the war in South Kordofan and Blue Nile" is what 350 African civil societies ask for
- 2013-01-07 AFRICA/SUDAN - Agreement between Sudan and South Sudan in Addis Ababa
- 2012-12-19 AFRICA/SUDAN - Khartoum has announced a major breakthrough in talks with Juba for border security