AMERICA/CUBA - The reasons for the Pope’s visit and the places where he will travel to: a video of the Diocese of Holguín
Holguin (Agenzia Fides) - The Cuban Church is preparing for Pope Benedict XVI’s visit, which will take place from March 26 to 28. For this reason, the Diocese of Holguín has prepared a video that covers the preparation and the places the Holy Father will visit. The video, which will be broadcast from today on the Conference of Catholic Bishops of Cuba’s internet site, clearly presents the reason for the Holy Father's visit to the island: a pilgrimage to the Virgin of Cobre in the Jubilee Year. Santiago de Cuba, the Plaza de la Revolucion "Antonio Maceo", the Sanctuary of the Virgin of Charity, the palace of the Nuncio and the Plaza de la Revolucion "Jose Marti", are some places one can see in the video. There is also an interview with the Bishop of Holguin, Mgr. Emilio Aranguren Echevarria, who inderlines that the Pope is a "Pilgrim of Charity". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/01/2012)
- 2013-03-20 AMERICA/CUBA - Good Friday: granted non-working day
- 2013-02-13 AMERICA/CUBA - Pioneers of the economy in the Archdiocese of Santiago de Cuba
- 2013-01-26 AMERICA/CUBA - In Granma the government returns two schools and land to the Catholic Church
- 2012-12-13 AMERICA/CUBA - 50 days after the hurricane, thousands of people are still homeless and without services
- 2012-11-21 AMERICA/CUBA - Cardinal Ortega’s Letter for the Year of Faith, "a meditation on this historic moment to promote the encounter of the Cuban people with Jesus"
- 2012-11-14 AMERICA/CUBA - A "sheet" that managed to arrive where the Church did not arrive...for 50 years
- 2012-11-06 AMERICA/CUBA - "Hurricane Sandy hits Cuba: houses and churches destroyed, lack of food, electricity and telephone line, but nobody talks about it": dramatic testimony from Santiago de Cuba
- 2012-04-03 AMERICA/CUBA - Good Friday as a public holiday and a Cardinal Ortega’s message broadcast on national television
- 2012-03-26 AMERICA/CUBA - Cuban Catholics are ready to welcome Pope Benedict, "Pilgrim of Love"
- 2012-03-22 AMERICA/CUBA - "The expectation that I hear in all the Christian communities for the arrival of Benedict XVI is the same as 14 years ago, for John Paul II’s visit," says Fr. Raul Rodriguez