EUROPE/POLAND - Missionary Childhood: thousands of boys and girls have brought the Good News to 142thousand families in Tarnow
Tarnow (Agenzia Fides) - Children and the young people of Missionary Childhood of the Diocese of Tarnow, in Poland, met in Nowy Sącz, at the Shrine of the Transfiguration of the Lord, Saturday, on January 14, to end their Christmas period activities on the theme of the «Nsatu Nzambia - nsatu kuzaba. The hunger for God - the hunger for knowledge». During the Christmas period nearly 3,262 groups of Missionary Childhood, involving more than 18,770 children, were mobilized to bring the Good News to 142 thousand families of 395 parishes in the diocese of Tarnow. Currently the offers that they have collected amount to 1 million zlotys. As Mgr. Jan Piotrowski, former National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Poland informs Fides, on January 14 the Mass was presided by His Exc. Mgr. Andrzej Jez, Auxiliary Bishop of Tarnów, and was attended by about 2,500 boys and girls, accompanied by catechists, parents and friends. The fourteenth edition of the Christmas initiative ("Kolędnicy Misyjni") was organized in favor of children living in Bolivia, Congo Brazzaville, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Zambia, Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador and Peru. The diocese of Tarnow also participates in the project sponsored by the National Directorate of Missionary Childhood organized in favor of South Sudan. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2012)
- 2015-06-18 - IV National Missionary Congress: "The joy of the Gospel, the source of missionary zeal"
- 2015-06-12 - Cardinal Filoni: "Today the Church in Poland needs to continue on the missionary path"
- 2015-02-17 - EUROPE/POLAND – National Mission Congress: missionary cooperation and conversion
- 2014-12-11 - Mary, model of missionary commitment for all believers
- 2014-07-05 - A school of missionary animation
- 2013-12-10 - Support vocations in mission countries: prayer vigil and missiological session
- 2013-09-24 - A family of people to help future priests and consecrated persons in mission countries
- 2013-01-22 - A missionary priest of Czestochowa sent to Kazakhstan
- 2012-12-06 - Prayer Vigil in Jasna Gora for the evangelization of the world
- 2012-11-30 - "With joy we announce faith to the whole world": pilgrimage and missiological session in Jasna Gora