Missionary Prayer Intention
VATICAN-The Holy Father’s intentions for prayer, entrusted to the Apostleship of Prayer for the year 2013
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides)-The Holy Father’s intentions for prayer, entrusted to the Apostleship of Prayer for the year 2013
General:That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary:That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
General:That migrant families, especially the mothers, may be supported and accompanied in their difficulties.
Missionary:People in Conflict. That the peoples at war and in conflict may lead the way in building a peaceful future.
General:That respect for nature may grow with the awareness that all creation is God’s work entrusted to human responsibility.
Missionary:That bishops, priests, and deacons may be tireless messengers of the Gospel to the ends of the earth.
General:That the public, prayerful celebration of faith may give life to the faithful.
Missionary:That mission churches may be signs and instruments of hope and resurrection.
General:That administrators of justice may act always with integrity and right conscience.
Missionary:That seminaries, especially those of mission Churches, may form pastors after the Heart of Christ, fully dedicated to proclaiming the Gospel.
General:That a culture of dialogue, listening, and mutual respect may prevail among peoples.
Missionary:That where secularization is strongest, Christian communities may effectively promote a new evangelization.
General:That World Youth Day in Brazil may encourage all young Christians to become disciples and missionaries of the Gospel.
Missionary:That throughout Asia doors may open to messengers of the Gospel.
General:That parents and teachers may help the new generation to grow in upright conscience and life.
Missionary:That the local Church in Africa, faithfully proclaiming the Gospel, may promote peace and justice.
General:That people today, often overwhelmed by noise, may rediscover the value of silence and listen to the voice of God and their brothers and sisters.
Missionary:That Christians suffering persecution in many parts of the world may by their witness be prophets of Christ’s love.
General:That those feeling so crushed by life that they wish to end it may sense the nearness of God’s love.
Missionary:That the celebration of World Mission Day may help all Christians realize that we are not only receivers but proclaimers of God’s Word.
General:That priests who experience difficulties may find comfort in their suffering, support in their doubts, and confirmation in their fidelity.
Missionary:That as fruit of the continental mission, Latin American Churches may send missionaries to other Churches.
General:That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary:That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior’s coming.
From the Vatican, 16 December 2011.
(Agenzia Fides 13/01/2012)
Missionary Prayer Intention
- 2012-05-31 MISSIONARY INTENTION - "That Christians in Europe may rediscover their true identity and participate with greater enthusiasm in the proclamation of the and participate with more enthusiasm in Gospel" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for June 2012
- 2012-04-27 "That Mary, Queen of the World and Star of Evangelization, may accompany all missionaries in proclaiming her Son Jesus" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for May 2012
- 2012-03-30 MISSIONARY INTENTION-"That the risen Christ may be a sign of certain hope for the men and women of the African continent" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for April 2012
- 2012-01-30 "That the Lord may sustain the efforts of health workers assisting the sick and the elderly in the world’s poorest regions" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for February 2012
- 2012-01-13 VATICAN-The Holy Father’s intentions for prayer, entrusted to the Apostleship of Prayer for the year 2013
- 2011-12-29 "That the dedication of christians to peace may bear witness to the name of Christ before all menand women of good will" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for January 2012
- 2011-11-30 "That children and young people may be messengers of the Gospel and that they may be respected and preserved from all violence and exploitation" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for December 2011
- 2011-10-31 "That the African continent may find strength in Christ to pursue justice and reconciliation as set fourth by the second Synod of African Bishops" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for November 2011
- 2011-09-30 "So that the celebration of World Mission Day may increase in the People of God the passion for evangelism and support to the missionary activity through prayer and economic aid to the poorest Churches" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for October 2011
- 2011-09-01 "So that the Christian communities scattered in Asia fervently proclaim the Gospel, witnessing the beauty with the joy of faith" - Comment on the Missionary Intention for September 2011