ASIA/INDIA - CHRISTIANITY IN WORDS AND DEEDS BROADCAST ON PRIVATE TV: “VOICE OF CHRISTIANITY” PROGRAMME MARKS FIRST ANNIVERSARY
New Delhi (Fides Service) – On June 15 in Delhi the first anniversary of “Voice of Christianity” programmes on a local private broadcasting company Jain TV was marked with special enthusiasm.
Archbishop Vincent Concessao of Delhi said to Fides Service: “We are very grateful to Jain TV for giving us the opportunity and space to broadcast a programme on Christian subjects. This work has enlightened many people, helping to remove anti-Christian prejudice in India. The programme is now in its second year of broadcasts: we hope and pray it may help to clarify many other issues.”
The Voice of Christianity is a weekly series based on subjects connected with the teachings and activity of Christians. The programme, which consists of filmed testimony and talks and live interviews in the studios, is co-ordinated by Father Dominic Emmanuel, spokesman for Delhi archdiocese, who has years of experience in communications, especially television. Father Emmanuel says he is “enthusiastic about the experience and ready to start another year: many bishops, experts, laity and clergy were pleased to take part in our programmes”.
The Voice of Christianity is shown on Sundays and repeated on the following Friday and Saturday. Jain TV is a privately owned company which broadcasts from New Delhi also via satellite for an audience all over central and southern India. PA (Fides Service 18/6/2003 EM lines 24 Words: 263)
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"
- 2013-09-09 - "To execute the converts to Christianity": shock-appeal in Parliament
- 2013-04-09 - In the country there are more than 8 million students, 39% of whom are girls
- 2013-04-03 - Parents forced to sell their children to cope with poverty
- 2012-11-29 - The African Church will set up "Faith, Culture and Development" Organ
- 2012-09-07 - A million children under 5 years of age are malnourished