THE NAMES OF PASTORAL WORKERS, BISHOPS, PRIESTS, MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS AND LAY CATHOLICS, KILLED IN THE YEAR 2011
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Once again this year, Fides publishes an annual document of all the pastoral workers who lost their lives in a violent manner over the course of the last 12 months. According to information in our possession, during 2011, 26 pastoral care workers were killed: one more than the previous year: 18 priests, 4 religious sisters, 4 lay people.
For the third consecutive year, the place most affected, with an extremely elevated number of pastoral workers killed is AMERICA, bathed with the blood of 13 priests and 2 lay persons. Following is AFRICA, where 6 pastoral workers were killed: 2 priests, 3 religious sisters,1 lay person. ASIA, where 2 priests, 1 religious sister, 1 lay person were killed. The least affected was EUROPE, where one priest was killed.
- 2012-12-29 VATICAN - PASTORAL CARE WORKERS KILLED IN 2012
- 2012-10-13 VATICAN - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2012
- 2011-12-30 THE NAMES OF PASTORAL WORKERS, BISHOPS, PRIESTS, MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS AND LAY CATHOLICS, KILLED IN THE YEAR 2011
- 2011-10-21 VATICAN - World Mission Day: Catholic Church Statistics
- 2010-12-30 THE NAMES OF PASTORAL WORKERS, PRIESTS, MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS AND LAY CATHOLICS KILLED DURING 2010
- 2010-10-21 Pontifical Mission Societies support younger Churches, formation of seminarians and priests, poor children, and missionary activities for entire People of God
- 2010-10-20 Catholic Church Statistics 2010
- 2009-12-29 THE NAMES OF PASTORAL WORKERS, PRIESTS, MEN AND WOMEN RELIGIOUS AND LAY CATHOLICS KILLED DURING 2009
- 2009-06-27 Dossier - Saint Paul: Complementarity, a Vital Principle of Ecclesiastical Life
- 2009-06-10 Dossier: Living with the Eucharistic Lord - According to Mother Julia’s Example