EUROPE/SPAIN-Thousands in Madrid to demand respect for the rights of the family
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - For the fifth consecutive year, many Spanish Bishops will be in Colon square in Madrid, on Friday, December 30, the liturgical feast of the Holy Family, to accompany thousands of families from all the dioceses in the nation, in order to thank God for the gift of the Christian family and also to ask for support to the family as the nucleus of society. Last year 60 Bishops and thousands of families attended the event.
From the information Fides received, we learn that the Bishop of Cordoba, Mgr. Demetrio Fernandez, has highlighted the urgency of promoting births, "because a society that does not transmit life has already failed," and added: "We must begin to help pregnant women and families with many children. There must be alternatives to abortion. I propose the abolition of abortion and to respect the right of parents to educate their children ".
Along the same lines the Bishop of Logroño, Mgr. Juan Jose Omella expresses himself: "The social regeneration involves not only the economy but also the education of values; family, school and the Church can do much if they agree. Today school proposes anti-value courses. Public education can insist on proposing the Constitution, but if it touches the moral issues, issues of their own parents, then it imposes the values of political power. It is something very serious".
The Bishop of Terrassa, Mgr. Jose Angel Saiz, has asked the Spanish government three things: "Firstly, to be aware of the importance of the family as the basic unit of society; to commits oneself to promote and defend the family in line with Christian values and finally to promote specific policies that make family life easier". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/12/2011)
- 2013-06-04 EUROPE/SPAIN - Millions of children sold as slaves around the world
- 2013-05-24 EUROPE/SPAIN - Africa Day: Economic growth is not reflected on the population
- 2013-03-14 EUROPE/SPAIN - Enthusiasm for the new Pope and waiting for further progress against hunger and poverty
- 2013-02-28 EUROPE/SPAIN - Hispanic-American Day: "America, Doors open to the mission"
- 2013-01-31 EUROPE/SPAIN - "There is no justice without equality": the crisis has worsened the poverty of women and girls around the world
- 2013-01-26 EUROPE/SPAIN - A video on the internet explains to children what it means to be a missionary
- 2012-12-28 EUROPE/SPAIN - "We are faced with a family and faith emergency ": On Sunday a demonstration in defense of the Christian family
- 2012-12-07 EUROPE/SPAIN - Right to education denied to 61 million boys and girls who do not attend school
- 2012-12-05 EUROPE/SPAIN - Hunger, unemployment and exploitation aggravate the already precarious situations
- 2012-11-16 EUROPE/SPAIN - 220 million malnourished children, penalized in their growth and future