ASIA/VIETNAM - New phase of the national campaign against child malnutrition
Hanoi (Agenzia Fides) - The Vietnamese government closes 2011 promoting a national campaign against child malnutrition, which provides for the delivery of two liters of milk for 16 000 children in need. The Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs of War has allocated $ 333 000 as a contribution to national initiatives for the reduction of hunger and poverty. According to official statistics, one Vietnamese out of three under 5 years of age does not have the possibility to drink milk. The non-consumption of this food is the cause of the high percentage of malnourished children in the country. The new phase of the campaign, launched in 2008, will begin in January on the island of Ly Son, central province of Quang Ngai. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 29/12/2011)
- 2013-04-24 ASIA/VIETNAM - New project for 2000 children at the National Hospital for Pediatrics in Hanoi
- 2013-04-11 ASIA/VIET NAM - Christian leader who died in prison: a victim of beatings, the faithful do not believe in suicide
- 2013-01-29 ASIA/VIETNAM - Prayer and medical assistance for pilgrims visiting the relic of St. Camillus
- 2012-11-22 ASIA/VIETNAM - In the Year of Faith, mission among the last: a new hospital for lepers
- 2012-10-26 ASIA/VIETNAM - Mission and dialogue in the Year of Faith
- 2012-10-05 ASIA/VIETNAM - Lack of funds increases fears of a further spread of malaria
- 2012-07-09 ASIA/VIETNAM - Appeal of the Catholic media: "Stop the violence of the Government on the Catholics of Vinh"
- 2012-05-28 ASIA/VIETNAM - Jesuit vocations flourish
- 2012-05-24 VIETNAM - 4 Catholic students in prison "subversives": they were promoting religious freedom and protection of life
- 2012-05-24 ASIA/VIETNAM-A Jesuit: "Education and the fight against corruption, priorities for the country"