AMERICA/BRAZIL-"Young missionaries from Brazil around the world, in the light of the II Vatican Council"
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - With the theme "Young missionaries from Brazil around the world in the light of the II Vatican Council" and the motto "As the Father has sent me, so I send you (Jn 20, 21)" the fourth National Assembly of the Pontifical Society for the Propagation of the Faith and Youth Missions (JM) started Yesterday, on December 15. The event takes place at the headquarters of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Brasilia, and brings together representatives of all states in the country.
In the note sent to Agenzia Fides from PMs in Brazil, we inform you that the Assembly’s participants are the state coordinators of the Youth Mission (an organization that is part of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith) of the 25 states of the federation and the Federal District . The three main objectives are: evaluation of the journey carried out in 2011, to exchange experiences between representatives of the states, schedule activities for 2012.
"The main expectation is to see growth in the Youth Mission. This is why we want to look at 2011 again, discuss the strong points that can help us and, of course, in case of difficulty to improve what is needed. I believe that the assessment of a year's work is without doubt the highlight of the Fourth Assembly", said the National Secretary of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith and also responsible for the Youth Missionary, Father Marcelo Gualberto. The theme and slogan of the Assembly are inspired by the third National Missionary Congress: "We chose to look at the National Missionary Congress in Palmas and remember that this also refers to the first 50 years of the II Vatican Council".
The National Assembly will be attended by the national Secretaries and the National Director of Pontifical Mission Societies, who will talk about the Missionary Campaign "Mission in ecology", of some of the PMS projects and of the organization of the Third National Missionary Congress. The Archbishop of Brasilia, MGr. Sergio da Rocha will also be present, who held on Saturday, December 17 a conference on the theme: "Young missionaries from Brazil around the world, in the light of the II Vatican". The meeting will end on Sunday, December 18. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/12/2011)
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"
- 2014-09-02 - Bishops’ Conference promotes television debate between candidates for Presidency
- 2014-08-22 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – The "Ecumenism and the Missions" Symposium begins
- 2014-07-23 - Mission to relieve: a challenge for evangelization; the Missionary Campaign 2014 begins
- 2014-07-18 - The first "National Catholic Congress online" for those working in the field of evangelization
- 2014-07-16 - A photo exhibition on the 33 years of fighting for the rights of indigenous peoples arrives in Manaus
- 2014-07-04 - "Immediate answers concerning the issue of immigrants are urgently needed"
- 2014-06-30 - Exploitation of children: from the World Cup to the Winter Olympics 2016