AMERICA/COLOMBIA-Adoption with many doubts
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The decision of the Institute for Family Welfare (ICBF) to authorize Chandler Burr, a U.S. citizen with homosexual tendencies, to adopt two children aged 9 and 13, "is not the ideal case" is what is underlined in a statement sent to Agenzia Fides by His Exc. Mgr. Juan Vicente Cordoba, Bishop of the diocese of Fontibon and Secretary General of the Colombian Episcopal Conference. The Archbishop also spoke to a local radio station to highlight that it is a "sensitive issue" and that the ICBF had to analyze this request "very carefully". This means, explained the Bishop, analyzing the conditions offered by the people, as the situation of the family, maternal and paternal affection, security and the guarantee of adopted children, as well as psychological, emotional and even spiritual conditions. Mgr. Cordoba made it clear that in this case it is necessary to analyze the situation and the psychological maturity of the citizen from the United States, as well as that of adopted children. The Catholic Church in Colombia has always raised her voice when it comes to the safety and protection of children, and has declared herself against the adoption of children on behalf of homosexual couples. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/12/2011)
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar