AMERICA/COLOMBIA-Adoption with many doubts
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - The decision of the Institute for Family Welfare (ICBF) to authorize Chandler Burr, a U.S. citizen with homosexual tendencies, to adopt two children aged 9 and 13, "is not the ideal case" is what is underlined in a statement sent to Agenzia Fides by His Exc. Mgr. Juan Vicente Cordoba, Bishop of the diocese of Fontibon and Secretary General of the Colombian Episcopal Conference. The Archbishop also spoke to a local radio station to highlight that it is a "sensitive issue" and that the ICBF had to analyze this request "very carefully". This means, explained the Bishop, analyzing the conditions offered by the people, as the situation of the family, maternal and paternal affection, security and the guarantee of adopted children, as well as psychological, emotional and even spiritual conditions. Mgr. Cordoba made it clear that in this case it is necessary to analyze the situation and the psychological maturity of the citizen from the United States, as well as that of adopted children. The Catholic Church in Colombia has always raised her voice when it comes to the safety and protection of children, and has declared herself against the adoption of children on behalf of homosexual couples. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/12/2011)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"