AFRICA/TANZANIA - Three Capuchin missionaries and a volunteer die in a car accident
Dar es Salaam (Agenzia Fides) - Three Capuchin missionaries and a lay volunteer, all Italian, from Tuscany, died in a car accident yesterday in Dar es Salaam, while they were visiting the Capuchin missions in the African country. Their names: fr. Luciano Baffigi, Provincial Minister of Tuscany; fr. Corrado Trivelli, head of the Missio ad Gentes, who, in particular dealt with missionary animation among the young; fr. Silverio Ghelli, who had been a missionary in Tanzania for a long time; Andrea Ferri, a young man in charge of documenting the missionary activities of the Capuchins in the African country. According to preliminary reports, the car they were traveling in swerved, perhaps to avoid killing a pedestrian. Fr. Ghelli who was driving was killed instantly, the other three travelers were transported to hospital where they died soon after due to the injuries. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 23/11/2011)
- 2013-05-22 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "The Church is object of persecution but the government does not intervene"
- 2013-05-10 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "Ban on religious hate speech" interfaith commitment after the attack in Arusha
- 2013-05-07 AFRICA/TANZANIA – Attack in Arusha: the testimony of the Apostolic Nuncio to Fides
- 2013-05-06 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "Let us wait to have more information before speaking out about the attack in Arusha"
- 2013-02-26 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Music to promote tolerance, but Christians feel under fire
- 2013-02-20 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Today funeral of Catholic priest killed last Sunday
- 2013-02-18 ARICA/TANZANIA - Islamist extremist groups warn Christians: “The coming Easter will be one of disaster”
- 2013-01-03 AFRICA/TANZANIA -The priest’s health condition, who was injured at Christmas on the island of Zanzibar, is improving
- 2012-10-26 AFRICA/TANZANIA - The Government is doing everything possible to maintain peaceful coexistence between religions
- 2012-09-11 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Today the 1st Integrated Meeting for the Pastoral Care of the Road/Street for the Continent of Africa and Madagascar