AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Human trafficking in the country is increasing: 37 children are missing in just 3 months
Sucre (Agenzia Fides) - In just three months, 75 children have been reported missing in Sucre, and only 38 of them have been found, this leads us to think that the others are likely to be victims of human trafficking. These cases were handled by the Child and Family Division of the special anti-crime Force (FELCC), between July and September this year. Lieutenant Colonel Rivas Susana, commander of the brigade for the protection of the family, presented this information during a workshop and a panel discussion that took place on November 1, to analyze the full bill against human trafficking.
According to information gathered by Fides, a police representative said that the people still missing "may be regarded as cases of human trafficking", so he urged the public and private institutions to work with "strategic alliances". Rivas did not exclude the possibility that these missing people may be "used for labor and sexual exploitation". On the other hand he regretted that currently "children are easily transferred from the province to the city and from the city to other parts of the country, and there is insufficient control on behalf of the institutions".
The representatives of the Institutions in defense of human rights of Chuquisaca, both public and private, met on Tuesday, November 1, to discuss and enrich the bill to combat human trafficking. Jose Rocha, Coordinator of the Bolivian Youth Consortium (CONBOJUV), said that the opportunity allowed to "see ourselves as protagonists of a proposal". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/11/2011)
- 2013-04-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Theft in the churches: Cardinal Terrazas responds to Morales
- 2013-04-19 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - A happy world for street children
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The Church in the TIPNIS, "a missionary presence committed to human promotion"
- 2013-04-15 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Domestic violence for almost 83% of children in the country
- 2013-04-11 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "A missionary Church always communicates the truth": 95th Assembly of Bishops
- 2013-01-18 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - The first indigenous Bishop consecrated in Santa Cruz: a man born, raised and formed in this land
- 2013-01-09 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Clarification on the properties of the Apostolic Vicariate of Beni in TIPNIS
- 2012-12-06 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Irregularities in the consultation of the Tipnis have been found
- 2012-11-29 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Even the Catholic Church in the Inter-institutional Committee to prepare a report on the TIPNIS
- 2012-11-27 AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Malnutrition and lack of health care and hygiene for children who live with their parents in prisons