AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Missionary Congresses, conferences, peace marches, missionary rosaries in parishes: Nicaragua prepares itself for World Mission Day
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - "In view of the celebration of World Mission Sunday 2011 (Domund), the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Nicaragua have started the preparation for this great missionary celebration since the month of June, with various activities and the publication of subsidies, with the start of moments of formation, catechesis, and especially with the proposal to live the missionary spirit transmitted to all the laity of our country". This is what the National Directorate of the PMS in Nicaragua tells Fides.
"From the Message of the Pope, who invites us to go and preach the good news – continues the text - the ideas of our poster began, which invite us to proclaim the Word to all corners of the world. This poster, displayed in many public places, we can notice several things: God’s hand who delivers his Word, the first person to hear the Word of God is the Blessed Virgin Mary, the missionary colors for the 5 continents. This is a message proposed to all the faithful in order to be a starting point for the celebration of World Mission Sunday 2011".
On 27 August, as part of the II National Meeting of Missionary Childhood, Domund Campaign 2011 was launched: Mgr. Rene Sócrates Sandigo Jiron, Bishop of Juigalpa and in charge of the Department of Missions, invited all to participate in this great missionary feast in their dioceses, parishes and communities, to be generous and to help our missionary brothers around the world. From this date the activities and celebrations in many dioceses began, in view of Mission Sunday. There have been missionary Congresses, conferences, peace marches, missionary rosaries in parishes throughout the month of October, "and especially the constant prayer so that the missions can continue both in Nicaragua and around the world in order to bring the Word of God to the furthest corners of the planet".
The statement from the National Directorate of the PMS concludes: "through the annual magazine of the PMS, we invite all to participate in next Sunday’s Eucharist, in order to be able to live together a true and holy communion, as a Church that lives permanently in the mission". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2011)
- 2013-03-08 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - No to the exploitation of gold in Matagalpa, the clergy’s statement
- 2013-02-28 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - The new Nuncio: Holy See and Nicaragua together for the common good and for the family
- 2012-12-13 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - 300 000 Nicaraguan children work instead of going to school
- 2012-12-05 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Nicaragua celebrates 450 years of devotion to Mary
- 2012-11-22 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Challenges to the family in the national reality: a Bishops' letter is being prepared
- 2012-10-05 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Taxi strike blocks the capital, Archbishop appeals for calm and dialogue
- 2012-09-27 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Bishops on the November 4 elections: "an opportunity to reflect on how power is exercised and politics practiced "
- 2012-09-26 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - "To become active subjects in the transformation of the country": today the pastoral Letter of the Bishops
- 2012-08-28 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Alarm for the phenomenon of forced pregnancies of young girls and adolescents
- 2012-07-23 AMERICA/NICARAGUA - A course on the Social Doctrine of the Church has been inaugurated at the UCICAM