ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Fr.Tentorio: murder on commission, the work of professional killers
Kidapawan (Agenzia Fides) - The murder of Father Fausto Tentorio, PIME, was commissioned and carried out by professional killers. This is what the police authorities claim, responsible for investigating the crime. As Fides learns from local sources, after the forensic findings and the autopsy, the investigators concluded that, according to the methods, the precision weapons and munitions used, "it follows that the murder was the carried out by professional criminals, killers of a certain level, and not improvised criminals".
These conclusions, note sources of Fides in the Philippines, confirm the theory - suggested by the missionaries and those who knew father Tentorio - that it is a murder, commissioned by someone who wanted to eliminate an "enemy", a character who obviously had received burning information or had touched high level economic interests. Investigations will shift to paramilitary groups operating in Mindanao, often hired by wealthy entrepreneurs, by clan leaders or politicians who create their own "powers".
Meanwhile the body of the missionary of the PIME is continuously kept watch over by relatives, friends, believers, people of nearby villages, especially by many tribes. "Many people come who we thought did not know father Fausto: members of organizations, associations, interfaith committees. This wave of solidarity strikes us, builds us and comforts us. We understand that his sacrifice will not be useless, but will bring abundant fruits", says Fr. Giovanni Vettoretto, his brother. The funeral will be held on Tuesday, October 25 at the Cathedral of Kidapawan, by Bishop Mgr. Romulo de la Cruz. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 19/10/2011)
- 2013-04-25 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Bishops' Appeal: "Cherish the earth to save Mindanao"
- 2013-04-24 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The religious: " Government insufficient on ecology, human rights, corruption, land reform"
- 2013-04-16 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - General Elections: the Church traces the identikit of the "good candidate"
- 2013-03-04 ASIA/PHILIPPINES – The activist killed in Boracay was a lay Catholic of the Vincentian Family
- 2013-02-28 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Church next to the tribals, in the face of abuses in the tourist paradise of Boracay
- 2013-01-30 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The Bishops on the upcoming elections: we need a law against political dynasties
- 2013-01-22 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - The typhoon also has an impact on maternal and child health
- 2013-01-14 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Schools reopen after the typhoon but there is still no electricity
- 2012-12-19 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Fr. Mendes: "Caritas volunteers and doctors are in danger because of the Taliban’s fury"
- 2012-12-19 ASIA/PHILIPPINES - President Aquino will sign the Reproductive Health Bill within the year. For the Church, "he is like a dictator"