AMERICA/MEXICO - At the start the anti-corruption plan; the Cardinal of Monterrey: "clean house completely"
Monterrey (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal José Francisco Robles Ortega, Archbishop of Monterrey, defined the anti-corruption plan proposed by governor Rodrigo Medina de la Cruz very positive and addressed in the right direction, saying he will contribute "to cleaning house completely". The Cardinal said that these types of programs, supported by citizen participation, are always welcome, especially when you go beyond the words and apply words to facts. The State must be very clear on this issue, continued the Cardinal, and must punish according to law, with criminal or administrative penalties, officials who do not fulfill their duty in order to make this fight against corruption effective.
"I think it is a necessity, a matter of urgency, it is important to fight corruption, because behind corruption, at the beginning of corruption, there are precisely the effects we are seeing – said the cardinal during a press conference -. For this reason the administration of the government has presented this plan and has put it to use ".
In addition, the Archbishop of Monterrey said that the community should participate in this project and denounce corrupt officials with evidence, so that we can clean up the public administration from the bad elements that could corrode the natural process of good governance.
Corruption, according to many critics of the country, is a fundamental part of the lack of justice and the situation of violence that the country lives (see Fides 08/10/2011), as can be seen when honest people denounce situations of corruption and are killed, such as what happened to some Catholic journalists (see Fides 26/09/2011) and the last case occurred in the town of Vallecillo a few days ago. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/10/2011)
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - "There is less violence, but there are still no social programs," said Mgr. Gallardo
- 2013-05-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - 18,000 street children exploited and at risk of physical, psychological and sexual violence
- 2013-05-16 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty and unemployment for about 13 million women
- 2013-05-14 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Do not use the church for political interests," warns the Bishop of Veracruz
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/MEXICO – Bishop’s appeal for dialogue in order to resolve the teachers’ strike
- 2013-05-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Today the funeral of the 24 who died in the fire, Pope Francis united in prayer for the tragedy
- 2013-05-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Persecution against migrants increases, Mgr. Arizmendi’s complaint
- 2013-05-02 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
- 2013-04-30 AMERICA/MEXICO - Four priests lose their lives in a tragic accident
- 2013-04-26 AMERICA/MEXICO - Drug addiction, HIV, salmonella, tuberculosis: street children’s health at risk