AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The Representative of UNICEF visited the headquarters of the PMS
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Argentina, Father Osvaldo Pablo Leone, received on Friday, October 7 the visit of a UNICEF Representative in Argentina, Mr. Andrés Franco, of Colombian nationality. From the information sent to Fides, we learn that, during their meeting, the National Director of the PMS and the Representative of UNICEF were able to talk about various issues, in particular the current situation of children and adolescents in the country and in the Latin American world. They also examined the possibility of dealing with some commitments together that are necessary to combat the challenges presented by some of the great problems of today, learning from each other and to look after the welfare of millions of children and adolescents. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2011)
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces