AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The Representative of UNICEF visited the headquarters of the PMS
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Argentina, Father Osvaldo Pablo Leone, received on Friday, October 7 the visit of a UNICEF Representative in Argentina, Mr. Andrés Franco, of Colombian nationality. From the information sent to Fides, we learn that, during their meeting, the National Director of the PMS and the Representative of UNICEF were able to talk about various issues, in particular the current situation of children and adolescents in the country and in the Latin American world. They also examined the possibility of dealing with some commitments together that are necessary to combat the challenges presented by some of the great problems of today, learning from each other and to look after the welfare of millions of children and adolescents. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2011)
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"