AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The Representative of UNICEF visited the headquarters of the PMS
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Argentina, Father Osvaldo Pablo Leone, received on Friday, October 7 the visit of a UNICEF Representative in Argentina, Mr. Andrés Franco, of Colombian nationality. From the information sent to Fides, we learn that, during their meeting, the National Director of the PMS and the Representative of UNICEF were able to talk about various issues, in particular the current situation of children and adolescents in the country and in the Latin American world. They also examined the possibility of dealing with some commitments together that are necessary to combat the challenges presented by some of the great problems of today, learning from each other and to look after the welfare of millions of children and adolescents. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/10/2011)
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum