EUROPE/SCOTLAND - Two reasons for celebration for Missio Scotland on the occasion of World Mission Day
Edinburgh (Agenzia Fides) - As tradition wants all over the world, even this year MISSIO Scotland has prepared material for all the parish priests, to support the activities of the parishes on the occasion of World Mission Day on 23 October. This year, Mission Day has a double meaning for Scotland, as the Directorate of Missio Scotland inform Fides. Cardinal Keith O'Brien, Archbishop of Saint Andrews and Edinburgh, along with the Bishop of Motherwell, His Exc. Mgr.Joseph Devine, president of the Episcopal Commission for Missions, and Father Tom Welsh, Xaverian, new National Director of MISSIO Scotland, will be in Rome for the canonization of the Blessed Guido Maria Conforti, founder of the Xaverian Missionaries. Inspired by the charism of the institute he belongs to, to bring the good news of the gospel throughout the world, father Welsh invites Catholics of Scotland to take to heart the words of Pope Benedict XVI's message for World Mission Day, "May Day World Mission Day awaken in us the joy and the desire to reach out to humanity by bringing Christ to all". (AP) (Agenzia Fides 08/10/2011)
- 2013-11-05 - EUROPE/GREAT BRITAIN – Children trafficking continues to increase: the last case of a girl kidnapped in Somalia for the sale of organs
- 2013-10-16 - On October 20, we can all become missionaries ...
- 2013-06-04 - Malnutrition causes learning difficulties to a quarter of children around the world
- 2011-10-08 - Two reasons for celebration for Missio Scotland on the occasion of World Mission Day
- 2010-01-08 - New Salesian Primary School in Bootle, open to international relations