AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Scalabrinians: verification of the activities undertaken in the last ten years, and new goals
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) – As from today until October 7th, the Congress of the Scalabrini Missionaries which gathers together members working in different specific areas, according to the charism of the institute, and animation of the Lay Movement will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina. According to information Fides received by the General House of the Scalabrinians, this meeting will be presided by the Superior General, Father Sergio O. Geremia, accompanied by one of the General Counsellors, and by all the Provincial Regional of the Congregation.
Thirty pastoral delegates from around the world were summoned, to evaluate the activities carried out in different areas in the last ten years and to propose new objectives for the future. The specific areas of the Scalabrinian charisma include pastoral activities of the Apostolate of the Sea, the Study Centres on Immigration and academic institutions, the services carried out in conjunction with church organizations, national or diocesan, pastoral communication, pastoral of the border, the Houses of migrants, NGOs and other foundations, as well as the accompanying of the Scalabrini Lay Movement and volunteers. The idea of building greater synergy between the various pastoral activities mentioned, strengthens the spirit of communion between the missionaries, promotes the unity of the activities and strengthens the exchange of pastoral experiences.
The Congregation of the Missionaries of St. Charles - Scalabrinians - is an international community of religious which, in 30 countries of the five continents, follow the immigrants of different cultures, faith and ethnicity. It was founded on November 28, 1887 by the Blessed John Baptist Scalabrini. The Congregation is made up of 710 religious of which 588 priests, 11 missionary Brothers, 104 religious students and 7 Bishop brothers (figures related to 21.01.2009). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2011)
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces
- 2015-08-05 - Argentina recalls the murder of Mgr. Angelelli who opposed to dictatorship