AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Scalabrinians: verification of the activities undertaken in the last ten years, and new goals
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) – As from today until October 7th, the Congress of the Scalabrini Missionaries which gathers together members working in different specific areas, according to the charism of the institute, and animation of the Lay Movement will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina. According to information Fides received by the General House of the Scalabrinians, this meeting will be presided by the Superior General, Father Sergio O. Geremia, accompanied by one of the General Counsellors, and by all the Provincial Regional of the Congregation.
Thirty pastoral delegates from around the world were summoned, to evaluate the activities carried out in different areas in the last ten years and to propose new objectives for the future. The specific areas of the Scalabrinian charisma include pastoral activities of the Apostolate of the Sea, the Study Centres on Immigration and academic institutions, the services carried out in conjunction with church organizations, national or diocesan, pastoral communication, pastoral of the border, the Houses of migrants, NGOs and other foundations, as well as the accompanying of the Scalabrini Lay Movement and volunteers. The idea of building greater synergy between the various pastoral activities mentioned, strengthens the spirit of communion between the missionaries, promotes the unity of the activities and strengthens the exchange of pastoral experiences.
The Congregation of the Missionaries of St. Charles - Scalabrinians - is an international community of religious which, in 30 countries of the five continents, follow the immigrants of different cultures, faith and ethnicity. It was founded on November 28, 1887 by the Blessed John Baptist Scalabrini. The Congregation is made up of 710 religious of which 588 priests, 11 missionary Brothers, 104 religious students and 7 Bishop brothers (figures related to 21.01.2009). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2011)
- 2014-09-06 - The life of every migrant demands we build a new world; migrants’ pilgrimage to Luján
- 2014-09-04 - Announcing Christ on the streets: “committed to mission” for the archdiocese of Salta
- 2014-09-03 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Month of the Bible, ideal context for giving new impulse to the evangelising mission of the Church
- 2014-08-21 - The Church launches an alarm regarding the increase of suicides among teenagers
- 2014-08-06 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Pope Francis welcomes the opening of a reception center for victims of sexual exploitation
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites