AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Scalabrinians: verification of the activities undertaken in the last ten years, and new goals
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) – As from today until October 7th, the Congress of the Scalabrini Missionaries which gathers together members working in different specific areas, according to the charism of the institute, and animation of the Lay Movement will be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina. According to information Fides received by the General House of the Scalabrinians, this meeting will be presided by the Superior General, Father Sergio O. Geremia, accompanied by one of the General Counsellors, and by all the Provincial Regional of the Congregation.
Thirty pastoral delegates from around the world were summoned, to evaluate the activities carried out in different areas in the last ten years and to propose new objectives for the future. The specific areas of the Scalabrinian charisma include pastoral activities of the Apostolate of the Sea, the Study Centres on Immigration and academic institutions, the services carried out in conjunction with church organizations, national or diocesan, pastoral communication, pastoral of the border, the Houses of migrants, NGOs and other foundations, as well as the accompanying of the Scalabrini Lay Movement and volunteers. The idea of building greater synergy between the various pastoral activities mentioned, strengthens the spirit of communion between the missionaries, promotes the unity of the activities and strengthens the exchange of pastoral experiences.
The Congregation of the Missionaries of St. Charles - Scalabrinians - is an international community of religious which, in 30 countries of the five continents, follow the immigrants of different cultures, faith and ethnicity. It was founded on November 28, 1887 by the Blessed John Baptist Scalabrini. The Congregation is made up of 710 religious of which 588 priests, 11 missionary Brothers, 104 religious students and 7 Bishop brothers (figures related to 21.01.2009). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/10/2011)
- 2014-03-10 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - New policies for young people are urgently needed, because "drugs have entered all levels of society"
- 2014-03-10 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - There is no adequate treatment for HIV-positive children
- 2014-03-05 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The campaign against drug abuse, a scourge for thousands of young people, restarts in Jujuy
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "From Blessed Brochero let us learn to become missionary disciples": meeting of the diocese of Patagonia
- 2014-01-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect
- 2014-01-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Children subject of rights: an obligation for all States
- 2013-12-20 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Decent work against the culture of waste": the Pope's message to the MTE
- 2013-12-17 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Nearness does not leave us indifferent", Message from the Bishops of Patagonia
- 2013-12-11 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops call for social peace: problems have to be faced with dialogue
- 2013-12-11 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "There is social fear, now we have to heal the wounds of the people": the Bishop of Concordia talks about the violence