EUROPE/PORTUGAL - Solidarity, forgiveness, sharing: fourth national meeting of young people sponsored by the SVD
Lisbon (Agenzia Fides) - To reflect on how, inspired by faith, we can be an example of solidarity, forgiveness and sharing is the aim of '"Encontro Verbum Jovem" to be held in October from 7 to 9 at the parish of St. Peter in Prior Velho (Lisbon). This national meeting is at its fourth edition, sponsored by the Society of Divine Word, Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit, Divine Word Dialogue-Laity on mission, around 200 young people from all over Portugal and, for the first time this year, a group from abroad are expected. According to information sent to Fides, the meeting's theme is "Go and do likewise" (Lk 10, 37). Young people will be welcomed by the families in Prior Velho and Terracos da Ponte, who will open the doors of their homes to share with them these days, giving a true example of brotherhood. The meeting provides opportunities for formation, of real commitment, prayer and also a festive occasion. On Saturday afternoon on October 8 the young will live an experience of mission in the city, to make concrete gestures of solidarity and make new social projects. On Sunday, October 9, after the celebration of Mass and the communal meal, there will be "Missionary Party" during which several groups will perform, including the "Voices of Africa". (SL) (Agenzia Fides 29/09/2011)
- 2015-10-16 - 115 institutions ready to accept refugees
- 2014-06-16 - Cardinal Filoni concludes the jubilee celebrations for the 500th anniversary of the Diocese of Funchal
- 2014-06-11 - After 500 years, the Diocese of Funchal relaunches the commitment to be "Church in Mission"
- 2014-01-21 - The whole Church is involved in the problem of migration
- 2013-08-10 - National Migration Week, an opportunity to express faith and charity
- 2012-12-12 - Recognition of Parliament to Caritas, for the protection of social rights and the fight against poverty
- 2012-10-30 - Catholic organizations denounce the social regression and the increase of poverty
- 2011-10-05 - Volunteer Missionary: more than 1,130 youth and adults involved this year in carrying out projects in 4 continents
- 2011-09-29 - Solidarity, forgiveness, sharing: fourth national meeting of young people sponsored by the SVD
- 2011-08-18 - In the Year of Voluntary, the National Missionary Days on "Voluntary work and Mission"