EUROPE/GERMANY - Appeal during the International Meeting Man and Religions: "It is time to change, the world needs more hope and more peace"
Munich (Agenzia Fides) - "It is time to change. The world needs more hope and more peace. We can learn again to live, not against each other, but with each other. We are aware of the responsibilities of religions in endangering peace, when they do not look up to the sky. Who uses the name of God, to hate the other and kill, blasphemes the holy Name of God. This is why we can: there is no future in war! There is no alternative to dialogue. Dialogue is simply a weapon available to all. Through dialogue we will build a new decade and a century of peace. We become, all artisans of peace. Yes, God give our world the wonderful gift of peace". These are the concluding words of the Appeal for Peace read at the end of the International Meeting "Man and Religions", sponsored by the Archdiocese of Monaco and Freising and the Community of Sant'Egidio, which was held in Monaco of Bavaria from 11 to 13 September.
These ten years since the Twin towers attack in New York have been marked "by a culture of violence, insane terrorism, in a world that seems dominated by a capitalism without rules", while the crisis pushes the world’s economy to withdraw into themselves, to "use religion to separate", while in many parts of the world there is growing violence and a crisis of meaning. "A turning point is necessary!" underlines the appeal, indicating the need to "give a soul" to globalization, to be considered a great resource, and inviting to "open up to the future and become able to globalize justice". "We must forcefully pose the issue of peace again in all its dimensions – underlines the appeal-. In fact, we are destined to live together and we are all responsible for the art of living together. Dialogue, today is revealed as being the most intelligent and peaceful weapon. It is the answer to the preachers of terror, that even use the words of religion to spread hatred and divide the world. Nothing is lost through dialogue. Here in Munich we experienced the language of dialogue and friendship. Because no man, no woman, no nation is an island: there is only one destiny, a common destiny. "(SL) (Agenzia Fides 14/09/2011)
- 2015-10-09 - Scalabrini Fest 2015: migration characterizes the history of humanity
- 2015-03-06 - "Witnesses of Christ": new edition of the German martyrology of the twentieth century with 60 missionaries killed
- 2014-12-19 - The Star Singers want to "ensure healthy nutrition for children in the Philippines and around the world"
- 2014-10-11 - Newness of the Blessed Scalabrini in the Migration world today
- 2013-12-18 - EUROPE/GERMANY – From the Star Singers: "a blessing for refugee children in Malawi and around the world"
- 2013-10-14 - Syrian Refugees in the Benedictine abbey of Weingarten
- 2013-10-09 - "Exodus for Peace": The Contribution of the Scalabrini Family on a journey with migrants and refugees
- 2012-12-20 - From the Star Singers: a blessing for Tanzania
- 2012-10-10 - Experience communion among differences is possible if we remain in Christ, as the branches and the vine
- 2011-12-21 - "Knock on doors, insist on your rights": 54th Campaign of the Star Singers (Sternsinger) who have chosen Nicaragua as this year’s symbol country