AMERICA/MEXICO - First national meeting of "Juntos por Mexico": 8 million Mexicans demonstrate in favor of the family
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - More than eight million between adults and young people who are part of the lay movements and organizations grouped in the Association for Episcopal Laity (DELAI), celebrated their first national meeting on 27 and 28 August, proposing as its central theme the defense of the family as basic social value, able to generate real wealth. With the aim of reflecting on the real participation in the construction of a freer, responsible and fair society, over 60 movements and associations of lay Catholics around the country gathered to confirm their willingness to work "Juntos por Mexico" (Together for Mexico).
During this meeting, the lay decided to commit themselves in order to propose the family as a custodian of values and virtues needed to build "healthy, happy, free, responsible and caring people, to continue to build the civilization of love". They also signed a manifesto stressing their commitment in the training, education, social and communication field, to build a better Mexico.
The meeting was attended by the presidents of the movement, businessmen, social leaders, university professors, married couples, priests and young people who expressed their point of view regarding the current situation of the country and underlined their commitment to "work together for Mexico ". For more than ten hours the auditorium of "Centro Universitario Mexico" was the scene of a major Catholic feast, in which testimonies, readings, thoughts, proposals, suggestions and actions were alternated, all proposals to try to create a positive change in Mexican society. At the end of the meeting Mgr. Javier Navarro Rodríguez, Bishop of Zamora and president of the Episcopal Commission for the Laity, presided the celebration of the Eucharist. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/09/2011)
- 2013-05-16 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty and unemployment for about 13 million women
- 2013-05-14 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Do not use the church for political interests," warns the Bishop of Veracruz
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/MEXICO – Bishop’s appeal for dialogue in order to resolve the teachers’ strike
- 2013-05-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Today the funeral of the 24 who died in the fire, Pope Francis united in prayer for the tragedy
- 2013-05-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Persecution against migrants increases, Mgr. Arizmendi’s complaint
- 2013-05-02 AMERICA/MEXICO - Poverty is treated with a supportive economy
- 2013-04-30 AMERICA/MEXICO - Four priests lose their lives in a tragic accident
- 2013-04-26 AMERICA/MEXICO - Drug addiction, HIV, salmonella, tuberculosis: street children’s health at risk
- 2013-04-17 AMERICA/MEXICO - Torture, rape and disappearances for a total of 48,300 missing persons
- 2013-04-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - A casino in front of the Church: the Bishop opposes