AFRICA/TANZANIA - Emergency Campaign to immunize 10 thousand children against measles which is spreading in the archipelago of Zanzibar
Stone Town (Agenzia Fides) – After five years, a new measles epidemic is spreading in the archipelago of Zanzibar. According to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, health workers are ready for a-two-day emergency campaign during which 10 000 children under five years of age will be vaccinated. Most of the 76 cases which were registered in the last two weeks, 62 of these children were treated while 14 others are still in hospital under close observation. The spread of this sudden epidemic is due in part to delays in the distribution of vaccines caused by the general high demand, but also by the parents' reluctance to bring their children to health centers. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 29/08/2011)
- 2013-09-18 AFRICA/TANZANIA - The conditions of the priest attacked with acid remain serious. "Why is the Church attacked?" asks the Bishop
- 2013-09-16 AFRICA/TANZANIA - The priest attacked with acid in Zanzibar transferred to Dar es Salaam
- 2013-09-03 AFRICA/TANZANIA - The Country commits itself to prohibiting child labor in gold mines
- 2013-05-22 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "The Church is object of persecution but the government does not intervene"
- 2013-05-10 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "Ban on religious hate speech" interfaith commitment after the attack in Arusha
- 2013-05-07 AFRICA/TANZANIA – Attack in Arusha: the testimony of the Apostolic Nuncio to Fides
- 2013-05-06 AFRICA/TANZANIA - "Let us wait to have more information before speaking out about the attack in Arusha"
- 2013-02-26 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Music to promote tolerance, but Christians feel under fire
- 2013-02-20 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Today funeral of Catholic priest killed last Sunday
- 2013-02-18 ARICA/TANZANIA - Islamist extremist groups warn Christians: “The coming Easter will be one of disaster”