ASIA/SINGAPORE - Evangelization through mass-media: the initiative of young people in Singapore after World Youth Day
Singapore (Agenzia Fides) - The experience of World Youth Day as a source for renewing the mission: this is the intent of young people from Singapore, at the conclusion of the memorable World Youth Day in Madrid. The 200 young people from Singapore celebrated with immense joy and spiritual intensity, the days of World Youth Day in Madrid and did not experience the event as "their exclusive experience", but they shared it with the youth in Singapore and the entire Catholic community. Social networks and new technologies facilitated the sharing of content, stories and emotions with other young people in the diocese but also with all other believers.
The young people from Singapore also organized an initiative of "evangelization through mass-media", producing a video - circulating in the community and released on the Internet- posted on YouTube and social networks - that reports how the preparation for WYD was lived, especially by offering insights to their peers. Answering the question: "Who is Jesus for you?" The young Catholics say: "he is my best friend", "he is my rock", "he is the light of my life," "he is my home", showing the joy of living and celebrating the values of Christian faith. The video was produced by "Walk on Water", an energetic and creative production company formed by a group of young Catholics from around the world eager to spread the "Word of God"
The video, sent to Fides by the communications office of the Archdiocese, ends with a video message from Archbishop Nicholas Chia of Singapore to the young, who says: "Dear young people, you and I have received the gift of faith. Our life is based on a triple relationship between myself, God and brothers and sisters. This is why Jesus said: Love God with all your heart, your goals, strengths and your neighbor as yourself. You are the future of the Church and have a great mission to accomplish. May the Lord bless you and guide you throughout your life". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2011)
- 2015-03-24 - A missionary: "Lee Kuan Yew, a man of dialogue and religious harmony"
- 2014-10-09 - "May the elections on 12 October bear positive fruits" hope the Bishops
- 2014-09-22 - Archbishop Goh: "The centrality of the family to overcome secularization"
- 2014-05-19 - year plan for the Church: God's Word at the center and New Evangelization
- 2014-04-16 - Archbishop Goh: Easter invites us to "proclaim the Gospel with joy and passion"
- 2014-03-07 - "Time of compassion": Archbishop Goh’s message for Lent
- 2014-02-18 - Archbishop Goh: "Sanctify work with prayer"
- 2014-01-10 - "Accompanying and evangelizing young people" : Archbishop Goh’s Message
- 2013-07-26 - The "social WYD" Christian Baptists, in communion with the Pope in Rio
- 2013-05-21 - "Spirituality of communion": the new Archbishop’s manifesto