EUROPE/GERMANY-Missionary Childhood supports 2,785 projects for children around the world
Aachen (Fides Service) - German Missionary Childhood (Die Sternsinger) reported a 9.9% increase in donations in 2010 for a total of 73 million of which almost 41 million euros have been collected by the initiative of the "Star Singers 2009/2010". The remaining comes from private donations and parish initiatives or groups of Missionary Childhood.
With the donations collected, 2,875 projects in 121 countries around the world have been funded. "This has been possible thanks to donations from German benefactors. We are very grateful! "Said Msgr. Klaus Krämer, national director and President of the Pontifical Missionary Childhood in Germany. "Last year’s donations were made in the wake of the emotion aroused by natural disasters in Haiti and Pakistan," says the
national Director. In these two countries together with local partners, emergency aid was sent. According to Msgr. Krämer long-term reconstruction projects are still needed.
"At the heart of our commitment is to promote the integral development of children around the world. Priority in funding therefore focuses on projects in education", underlines Msgr. Krämer. In addition to education, programs supporting Missionary Childhood in Africa, Latin America, Asia, Oceania and Eastern European countries concern nutrition, social integration, the pastoral work and health. (MS) (Agenzia Fides 09/08/2011)
- 2015-03-06 - "Witnesses of Christ": new edition of the German martyrology of the twentieth century with 60 missionaries killed
- 2014-12-19 - The Star Singers want to "ensure healthy nutrition for children in the Philippines and around the world"
- 2014-10-11 - Newness of the Blessed Scalabrini in the Migration world today
- 2013-12-18 - EUROPE/GERMANY – From the Star Singers: "a blessing for refugee children in Malawi and around the world"
- 2013-10-14 - Syrian Refugees in the Benedictine abbey of Weingarten
- 2013-10-09 - "Exodus for Peace": The Contribution of the Scalabrini Family on a journey with migrants and refugees
- 2012-12-20 - From the Star Singers: a blessing for Tanzania
- 2012-10-10 - Experience communion among differences is possible if we remain in Christ, as the branches and the vine
- 2011-12-21 - "Knock on doors, insist on your rights": 54th Campaign of the Star Singers (Sternsinger) who have chosen Nicaragua as this year’s symbol country
- 2011-10-12 - The catholicity of the Church: Gift and Mission