AMERICA/ECUADOR - New homes have been given to families of 300 street children
Guayaquil (Fides Service) - Guayaquil is one of the most important cities in Ecuador, developed mainly on the right bank of the Guayas River, its population reaches 3 million and half. The Nigeria area, which is located on the island of Trinitaria, on the delta of the river, is one of the poorest and deprived areas of the city. Here, the Salesians have developed a project for street children which aims to improve the quality of life for children, to redeem them from a situation of risk, return them to their families and help them in an educational and vocational formation. There are about 300 children involved in the project that has enabled to give 101 houses to the inhabitants of the "Independence II" Cooperative, who live on the Isle of Trinitaria in Guayaquil. The families of the children were given a house, so as to promote social advancement and relational stabilization of the child.
The construction of the houses was made possible thanks to the "Jugend Eine Welt" (JEW) and the inter-institutional cooperation between the Municipality and the "Consultora Don Bosco Foundation". (AP) (Agenzia Fides 27/07/2011)
- 2015-01-29 - The country remembers "the Bishop of the Indios"
- 2014-10-21 - Indigenous people continue to be discriminated against, undernourished and not protected
- 2014-10-01 - Family Week in Guayaquil, wealth and renewal of society
- 2014-08-11 - 46,000 Ecuadoreans will benefit from a mega construction water
- 2014-06-10 - Projects in favor of Children: day care, healthy eating, education
- 2014-05-07 - New assignments in the Episcopal Conference, always striving for the weakest
- 2014-03-14 - "Laity and religious freedom": the voice of the Church
- 2013-12-12 - "Adopt a project": people can redeem thanks to education
- 2013-11-15 - National Congress: Religious freedom and the public dimension of faith for the closing of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-30 - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Galapagos and appointment of successor