OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA-Presence, participation and co-responsibility of women in society and in the Church
Sydney (Agenzia Fides) -Among the various Catholic groups which for some time have been engaged in the promotion of women at all levels, the Catholic Women's League Australia (CWLA) is an NGO that defends the dignity of women through education and the promotion in social and public life. It puts together about 6200 women across Australia promoting the spiritual, social, cultural and intellectual formation. It also supports respect for human rights with special attention to women and children. The organization is part of the World Union of Catholic Women's Organisations (WUCWO) which is involved with 5 million women in over 60 countries, and is in favor of the presence, participation and co-responsibility of Catholic women in society and in the Church, in order to enable them to fulfill their mission of evangelization and to work for human development. In 2006, the WUCWO was erected by the Holy See's International Public Association of the Faithful. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 07/25/2011)
- 2015-11-27 - Bishops appeal for the abolition of the death penalty worldwide
- 2015-10-29 - Catholic Mission's appeal: "Let us remember the most vulnerable children at Christmas"
- 2015-09-01 - Appeal to release children detained in the center for immigrants in Nauru
- 2015-07-01 - Twenty years of commitment to the reception of migrants
- 2015-06-05 - The Episcopal Commission for Migrants: "Take action to help the persecuted Rohingya"
- 2015-03-23 - Australian Catholic schools against bullying
- 2015-03-17 - Appeal for the victims of Cyclone Pam: 54 000 children affected
- 2015-02-13 - "Free the Children" campaign for the release of immigrant children held in prison
- 2015-02-06 - OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA – One hundred years of Thomas Merton
- 2014-10-30 - Catholic Mission calls for the support of Australians in order to feed the hungry, malnourished and sick Peruvian children