OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA-Presence, participation and co-responsibility of women in society and in the Church
Sydney (Agenzia Fides) -Among the various Catholic groups which for some time have been engaged in the promotion of women at all levels, the Catholic Women's League Australia (CWLA) is an NGO that defends the dignity of women through education and the promotion in social and public life. It puts together about 6200 women across Australia promoting the spiritual, social, cultural and intellectual formation. It also supports respect for human rights with special attention to women and children. The organization is part of the World Union of Catholic Women's Organisations (WUCWO) which is involved with 5 million women in over 60 countries, and is in favor of the presence, participation and co-responsibility of Catholic women in society and in the Church, in order to enable them to fulfill their mission of evangelization and to work for human development. In 2006, the WUCWO was erected by the Holy See's International Public Association of the Faithful. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 07/25/2011)
- 2013-05-20 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - New project against trafficking and child labor in India
- 2013-02-22 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - Government tells Churches "homosexuals must not be discriminated against in social service"
- 2012-12-20 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - New Catholic schools are born, enrollment increases
- 2012-11-26 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - "We oppose the policy of prolonged detention of asylum seekers and we are particularly concerned about the children": Council’s appeal for social justice
- 2012-10-19 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - Catholic Mission: To restore hope to the people of the Philippines devastated by the Typhoon Ondoy
- 2012-04-26 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA-Campaign of the Pontifical Mission Societies of Australia for Ethiopia's population
- 2012-03-29 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - The support of the Australian Catholic to 195 dioceses in 38 nations through Catholic Mission
- 2012-01-19 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - The liturgy is enriched with aboriginal chants and prayers in a church on the outskirts of Sydney
- 2011-11-24 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA-The Bishops listen to an Aboriginal leader, "an agenda of hope"
- 2011-10-17 OCEANIA/AUSTRALIA - "Aborigines and immigrants are the heart of the mission", says the Archbishop of Canberra