Acta of the Holy See
AFRICA/ANGOLA-Appointment of the Bishop of Namibe
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Father Benedict XVI appointed Bishop of the Diocese of Namibe (Angola) Rev. Dionisio Hisiilenapo of the clergy of Ondjiva, Executive Secretary of the Episcopal Conference of Angola and Sao Tome.
Rev. Dionisio Hisiilenapo, was born on October 6, 1966 in Epumbu, in the Diocese of Ondjiva. Before beginning his journey toward priesthood, the candidate worked as a nurse in the Catholic Mission Hospital in Chiulo. He entered the Major Seminary of Luanda, after preparatory studies in Lubango, was ordained a priest on December 6, 1998 and incardinated in the diocese of Ondjiva. After his Ordination he has held the following positions: 1998-2000: Head of the Mission-Okanautoni Cuamato; 2000-2003: Studies for the Licentiate in Biblical Theology at the Pontifical Gregorian University; 2003-2008: Superior of the same Mission from which had started (Okanautoni-Cuamato) and Professor at the diocesan preparatory Seminary. Member of the Diocesan Commission of biblical ministry, and of the Commission of the ministry of youth and vocations and family ministry; since 2008: Executive Secretary of the Catholic CEAST and Assistant of the Catholic Administrator Association. He is currently also part of the Press Office of the CEAST.
The Diocese of Namibe, built in 2009, is a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Lubango, it has an area of 97,097 square kilometers and a population of 1,202,928 inhabitants, of whom 272,154 are Catholics. There are 6 parishes, 15 priests (11 diocesan and religious 4, 5 religious brothers, 30 nuns and 22 major seminarians. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 07/08/2011)
Acta of the Holy See
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas