ASIA/CHINA-Ordination of deacons and priests, in the continent and Taiwan: signs of hope for the Church
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - A number of ordinations, both deacons and priests, were celebrated recently in the continent and Taiwan, filling the Catholic community with joy that sees in them signs of hope for the Church. "You have to believe what you preach, you teach what you believe, you have to put into practice what you teach": This is the recommendation of His Exc. Mgr. Joseph Xing Wen Zhi, Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Shang Hai, to the 7 new deacons ordained in the Cathedral on June 18, on the eve of the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity. According to information received by Fides, almost a thousand faithful attended the ordination, concelebrated by 78 priests. Even all the seminarians of the Major Seminary of the Diocese of She Shan and Tai Lai Qiao diocesan Minor Seminary, together with the Sisters of the Presentation of Our Lady, attended the Mass, during which Mgr. Xing invited everyone to accompany the new deacons with prayer, along their vocational journey.
More than 1,900 faithful attended the ordination of two new priests of the diocese of Ba Meng, Inner Mongolia, which took place on May 31. The new priests celebrated their first Mass on June 1, on the occasion of the International Child's Day. One of them told Faith of He Bei: "I am happy to celebrate my first Mass on Child’s Day, because I want to always be like a child before the Lord with an innocent and pure heart, simple and good, always at the service of everyone according to the will of the Lord".
The diocese of Kaohsiung in Taiwan, celebrated the ordination of three deacons of the diocesan Seminary of the Mother of God a few days ago. Archbishop Peter Liu presided over this particularly significant celebration because the three seminarians, members of the Neocatechumenal path, come from Ecuador , Spain and Malaysia. Taking advantage of the occasion, Mgr. Liu urged parents and young people of Kaohsiung and Taiwan to follow the footsteps of these three new deacons, responding to the call of the Lord. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 20/06/2011)
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth