EUROPE/SPAIN-The prizes of communication have been awarded between journalistic works from around the world
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The International Communication Awards "Centinelas of mañana" (Morning Sentinel) have been awarded, promoted by the Spanish Foundation "White Report" on the occasion of World Youth Day (WYD), to be held in August in Madrid. Among all the journalistic work received, from a large number of countries (Portugal, Ukraine, Italy, Spain, United States, Guatemala, Cuba, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina and Australia), the jury chose a documentary on Peru, a Portuguese article, two radio programs and a Spanish website. Each winner will receive $ 1,000 and a scholarship for a master's degree in communication at a Spanish university. The awards ceremony will take place in Madrid on August 16, during the cultural events of World Youth Day.
The jury awarded the prize for "Best Radio space" to two works: the "Salida de emergencia" (emergency exit) broadcast on Radio Maria, Joaquín Cañas, by Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid), and the program "Doy Fe de ello "(Testimony of faith) by Manuel Serrano and Isabel Egido, University Miguel Hernández of Elche (Alicante). In the category "Best audiovisual documentary ", the prize was won by Sandra Rodriguez Benavides, Pax Televisión, Lima (Peru), for " De Sidney a Madrid" (From Sydney to Madrid). "Best news article" dedicated to "Las jornadas que transforman" (The days that change), published in the magazine Famiglia Cristiana, was won by Ricardo Joao Perna, Portugal. The award "Best proposed multimedia journalism on the Internet" has been assigned to the web project www.gazteliza.org, by the Youth Ministry of the Diocese of San Sebastián, Juan Pablo Aroztegi Esnaola (Guipúzcoa). (EC) (Agenzia Fides 06/16/2011)
- 2013-03-14 EUROPE/SPAIN - Enthusiasm for the new Pope and waiting for further progress against hunger and poverty
- 2013-02-28 EUROPE/SPAIN - Hispanic-American Day: "America, Doors open to the mission"
- 2013-01-31 EUROPE/SPAIN - "There is no justice without equality": the crisis has worsened the poverty of women and girls around the world
- 2013-01-26 EUROPE/SPAIN - A video on the internet explains to children what it means to be a missionary
- 2012-12-28 EUROPE/SPAIN - "We are faced with a family and faith emergency ": On Sunday a demonstration in defense of the Christian family
- 2012-12-07 EUROPE/SPAIN - Right to education denied to 61 million boys and girls who do not attend school
- 2012-12-05 EUROPE/SPAIN - Hunger, unemployment and exploitation aggravate the already precarious situations
- 2012-11-16 EUROPE/SPAIN - 220 million malnourished children, penalized in their growth and future
- 2012-10-22 EUROPE/SPAIN - Two thousand children involved in fundraising for World Mission Sunday
- 2012-10-19 EUROPE/SPAIN - "There is no mission without missionaries": 14,000 Spanish missionaries in the world