AMERICA/URUGUAY-The XXVI Meeting of the border Dioceses with regards to the plague of drugs
Rivera (Agenzia Fides) - From May 31 to June 2 the XXVI Meeting of the border Dioceses will be held in the Uruguayan town of Rivera, on the border with Brazil. The Diocese of Tacuarembó was asked to organize this year's meeting which will be held with a view to accepting the challenge given the growing number of young people destroyed by drug addiction. According to information received by Fides, the Opening Mass of the meeting will be celebrated in the Parish of the Immaculate Conception, and will count on the presence of local authorities and the authorities of the National Commission of drugs. Note that this meeting was "of interest" on the part of the local and regional Council of Rivera.
5 Bishops and the delegations of Argentina (Gualeguaychú, Goya, Concordia, Posadas and representatives of the Episcopal Conference of Argentina), Brazil (Bage, Uruguay, Rio Grande do Sul, and Chapecó) and Uruguay (Salto, Melo, Mercedes, Maldonado and Montevideo) will participate.
The program will include the report of the Technician in charge Santiago Fielitz and that of Fr. Gustavo Larrique, OCD. There will be a panel discussion with the presentation of different experiences in this field: Fazenda de la Esperanza, Amor Exigent, National Drug Commission, the testimony of Pastor Oscar Farias (Terra de Gocem) and that of Mgr.Jorge Lozano, Bishop of the Diocese of Gualeguaychú. (EC) (Agenzia Fides 30/05/2011)
- 2013-02-23 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Social inclusion and “unity in diversity”: a challenge for the Church
- 2012-11-30 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Child labor and gender discrimination for Afro-Uruguayan children
- 2012-10-23 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Popular support for the Commission "For Life and Water" in Tacuarembó increases
- 2012-10-18 AMERICA/URUGUAY - "No violence is justified under any circumstances," the Archdiocese after the violence in the Marconi barrio of the capital
- 2012-09-27 AMERICA/URUGUAY - A Bishop joins the "Commission for Life and water"
- 2012-09-03 AMERICA/URUGUAY - More than 4000 young people committed to becoming missionary disciples: 34th National Youth Day
- 2012-07-02 AMERICA/URUGUAY - National Catholic Youth Day to renew faith and share the enthusiasm of proclamation
- 2012-04-30 AMERICA/URUGUAY - "Pain and frustration for the serious situation in the prisons of the Country" expresses the head of the prison Pastoral
- 2012-04-11 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Bishops meet in plenary Assembly: among the main themes: the Year of Faith and the Synod
- 2012-03-29 AMERICA/URUGUAY-After euthanasia carried out in hospitals, the Church stresses the duty to always defend life.