ASIA/PAKISTAN - MUSLIMS TUNE IN TO CATHOLIC RADIO: INCREASINGLY POPULAR RADIO VERITAS PROGRAMMES ON SOCIAL, MORAL AND RELIGIOUS MATTERS AND NEWS
Lahore (Fides Service) – More than 400 programmes on social, moral, religious themes and news. This is the gratifying result of the activity of Radio Veritas Urdu section (Urdu is the official language in Pakistan), run by Father John Nadeem Shakir, with the support of the Bishops’ Commission for Social Communications. The Radio is appreciated by Christians and Muslims alike, judging by numerous congratulatory letters, e-mail and fax message received at the radio offices.
In a report to Archbishop Lawrence Saldhana, president of the Commission, Father Nadeem said the activity 2002-2003 has been a success also thanks to collaboration from many Catholic experts who helped to produce the programmes and also students at Catholic schools who produced radio plays on the life of Jesus Christ.
In the future Radio Veritas in Urdu intends to increase the number of young listeners by promoting the radio in schools; organising seminars to discover talent and extend collaboration; carry out surveys to find out which programmes are most popular and to give them more space in the coming year. PA (Fides Service 16/6/2003 EM lines 18 Words: 207)
- 2015-07-09 - Violence prevents aid workers to provide safe medical care
- 2015-02-23 - Release of Indian Jesuit held hostage for eight months
- 2014-12-05 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – First baby arrives in MSF new maternity centre in Kabul
- 2014-09-09 - JRS: optimistic about release of Jesuit priest taken hostage in June
- 2014-09-09 - A Christian MP in Iraq’s new government
- 2014-06-04 - Priest kidnapped, the JRS: "We trust in local communities"
- 2014-06-03 - Jesuit kidnapped: Fr. Moretti asks for "prayer and silence"
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/AFGHANISTAN – Humanitarian aid and videogames for orphans in Herat
- 2014-01-29 - Peace and reconciliation: the expectations of the Afghan civil society
- 2013-09-23 - Minors abducted and exploited for the practice of "Bacha Bazi"