AMERICA/URUGUAY-Archbishop Carlos Aguiar Retes is the new President of LAMEC
Asuncion (Agenzia Fides) - The press office of the Latin American Episcopal Council (LAMEC) sent the following note to Fides with communication of the new appointments. "Today, 18 May 2011 the Ordinary Meeting of the Latin American Episcopal Council, after hard work and after having invoked the Holy Spirit, proceeded in the election of the President of LAMEC. The new president is Archbishop Carlos Aguiar Retes, Archbishop of Tlalnepantla (Mexico), currently President of the Episcopal Conference of Mexico and President of the Department of ecclesial communion and dialogue of LEMAC. The first Vice President of LEMAC was also appointed, Archbishop Ruben Salazar Gomez, Archbishop of Bogota (Colombia), currently President of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia. Archbishop Dimas Lara Barbosa, Archbishop of Campo Grande (Brazil) was elected as the second Vice President of LEMAC. "(EC) (Agenzia Fides, 19/05 / 2011)
- 2013-02-23 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Social inclusion and “unity in diversity”: a challenge for the Church
- 2012-11-30 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Child labor and gender discrimination for Afro-Uruguayan children
- 2012-10-23 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Popular support for the Commission "For Life and Water" in Tacuarembó increases
- 2012-10-18 AMERICA/URUGUAY - "No violence is justified under any circumstances," the Archdiocese after the violence in the Marconi barrio of the capital
- 2012-09-27 AMERICA/URUGUAY - A Bishop joins the "Commission for Life and water"
- 2012-09-03 AMERICA/URUGUAY - More than 4000 young people committed to becoming missionary disciples: 34th National Youth Day
- 2012-07-02 AMERICA/URUGUAY - National Catholic Youth Day to renew faith and share the enthusiasm of proclamation
- 2012-04-30 AMERICA/URUGUAY - "Pain and frustration for the serious situation in the prisons of the Country" expresses the head of the prison Pastoral
- 2012-04-11 AMERICA/URUGUAY - Bishops meet in plenary Assembly: among the main themes: the Year of Faith and the Synod
- 2012-03-29 AMERICA/URUGUAY-After euthanasia carried out in hospitals, the Church stresses the duty to always defend life.