ASIA/JAPAN - Support via radio for victims and prayer for “friendship between China and Japan”
Tokyo (Agenzia Fides) – In addition to humanitarian aid, the Japanese people also need psychological and spiritual sustenance: Christian radio began with this conviction, reported missionaries in Japan to Fides, and has been unceasingly broadcast in Japanese, with the aim of helping local people to overcome the present tragedy.
Radio HCJB (Herald Christ Jesus' Blessing) based in the United States, and radio partners in 100 countries throughout Asia, Africa and Latin America, is producing and airing numerous programs in Japanese, dedicated to encouraging and consoling the victims, and accompanying them in prayer, to help them trust in Divine providence. As reported to Fides, the Christians from the HCJB Japanese program are trying to bring hope to the Japanese people: “This is the time to build a new Japan. When one life ends, there is another beginning. Japan hopes in God.”
The listeners of a local radio station in Tokyo are calling the transmission to express their sympathy or vent their sadness. Via the radio, they get a sense of the closeness of the faithful from around the world. In particular, the local faithful hope and pray that “the Lord, at this tragic time, may take away the hostility and help develop friendly relations between China and Japan”, and also invoke divine help to end the nuclear crisis, to prevent the outbreak of epidemics, and to help and give strength to the missionaries and volunteers who are working to help the refugees. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 30/3/2011)
- 2013-04-10 ASIA/JAPAN - "Peaceful relations between North Korea and neighboring countries": the hope of the Church
- 2013-02-23 ASIA/JAPAN - Bishops tell Prime Minister Shinzo Abe: “No arms, no nuclear power, the Constitution cannot be changed”
- 2011-11-10 ASIA/JAPAN - The Bishops: "Stop to nuclear power, yes to alternative energy sources, a moral obligation for the future"
- 2011-09-09 ASIA/JAPAN - Caritas, six months after the earthquake: "Winter is round the corner for 100 thousand displaced persons, more efficient aid is required"
- 2011-08-30 ASIA/JAPAN - The Church asks the new Prime Minister Noda "more collaboration between state and religions"
- 2011-06-13 ASIA/JAPAN-Resignation of the Bishop of Hiroshima and appointment of successor
- 2011-05-17 ASIA/JAPAN- The visit of Cardinal Sarah to the earthquake area has ended, " great encouragement to the Church and for the country"
- 2011-05-13 ASIA/JAPAN-The Nuncio: "The visit of Cardinal Sarah is a boost of encouragement for stricken Japan"
- 2011-04-30 ASIA/JAPAN-The sufferings of the Japanese people commended to Blessed John Paul II
- 2011-04-28 ASIA/JAPAN-Serious health risks for pregnant women and fetuses exposed to radiation in Fukushima